Best Homemade Shakes For Muscle Building
Feel free to ask any man or woman, who has some knowledge about human anatomy, regarding the importance of having proteins in our bodies for muscle building. Their answers will be affirmative for having protein nutrients for better endurance.
Protein does a significant job in repairing and maintaining body muscles in men and women.
You’ll meet many muscle builders who regularly rely on protein shakes for muscle growth; some will buy these shakes from the stores and others will prepare it at home with the ingredients of their choice. To the best of my experience, many prefer preparing shakes at home.
Several benefits of homemade shakes are: a) cheaper and b) you pick the ingredients.
Making a homemade protein based shake is all about trial and errors. You need to experiment with following protein content ingredients:
- Milk, preferably skim
- Dark Chocolate
Let’s gain some insights on what are the best homemade shakes for muscle building.
Whey Protein Shake
- Blend milk and whey protein in a blender for at least 30 seconds.
- Add some frozen cut bananas and strawberries into the mixture and blend it again.
- Keep the final mixture in the refrigerator and drink it after it is chilled.
For better results, whey protein shake should be drank post workout. Remember, you can also have best muscle building supplements for increasing your endurance levels.
- Add skimmed milk with whey protein in the blender.
- Cut the frozen bananas and add it to the mixture.
- Blend the final mixture for at least 2 to 3 minutes for the shake to be ready to drink.
The banana shake is the commonest and most effective protein shake of all. The shake tastes delicious and is healthy due to bananas that create yummy flavor in the shake.
Almond & Dark Chocolate Shake
- Take 1 cup of non sugary almond milk
- Mix 2 scoops of whey protein, half frozen banana and some dark chocolate chips
- Blend the mixture in a blender for at least 3 to 4 minutes before drinking the shake.
The key reason for popularity of this shake is its deliciousness. Not only it reacts positively to overall body performance but also helps in muscle building.
Prepare a protein powder of skimmed milk and egg white
- Take 1 cup of skimmed milk
- Add half frozen banana along with 3-4 frozen strawberries to the milk.
- Add the protein powder (prepared with skimmed milk and egg white)
- Blend the mixture till it does not become a flavored shake.
This homemade fruit based protein shake is good for those who love eating fruits. It is reckoned to drink this shake after the workout to give your body proteins and vitamins.
- Take half cup of unsweetened almond milk
- Add few spoons of protein powder
- Also add a half cup of cold coffee
- Mix it well and blend the mixture for 2 to 3 minutes and the shake is ready.
If you are a coffee lover and want to turn caffeine into a healthy shake then coffee shake is for you. Coffee has no calories and gives energy and taste.
To enfold the article
Homemade Protein shakes do not only save you extra money but also help you in building and repairing your muscles. It is advisable to drink shakes post workout to heal and build muscles.
Preparing homemade shakes is all about experimenting with ingredients to find out what suits your taste and muscles. Many gym goers and athletes who require more protein also add some of the best muscle building supplements to their shakes. This proves to be effective in muscle growth.
Hopefully, you have got some ideas now to prepare the healthiest shakes at home for muscle building!