Is it possible for an employer to promote workplace wellness and how?
Ill-health and sickness decrease the potential of all people. If a person falls sick frequently, he/she will miss office or will not be able to offer his/her best. It will not only limit his/her personal progress but will also take a direct toll on the revenue generation of the organisation. The best way to keep this issue at bay is by encouraging workers to maintain a healthy living. Once they step outside of the office, the boss cannot direct the workers what to do. But it is possible to promote wellness when they are in the office. It is here that the importance of workplace wellness comes to limelight.
1. Each company needs to appoint an in-house physician. This healthcare speciality will conduct regular employee check-ups to ensure that everyone is healthy. In case you don’t possess adequate funds to hire a full-time in-house doctor, make arrangements for one who will visit the company, once each month.
2. The health of any individual depends on what he/she puts in the stomach. Though eating is a personal choice, if the employer can provide healthy diet charts for each employee, it will contribute to the wellness of workers. For this, one has to hire the services of a qualified diet expert.
3. Another way to promote worker health and wellness in the office is by offering discounts on medicine. You may offer discount coupons or sell drugs to your employees at low rates. Apart from this, one must also provide good medical insurance coverage for the workers.
4. Employees commonly opt for tea or coffee to get the necessary energy to keep going through the day. High levels of sugar content can lower their fitness levels. So, employers must encourage the workers to opt for fresh fruit juice instead of sugary drinks.
5. Smoking is another vice that causes ill-health. If you desire to promote the health and wellbeing of workers, then promote a smoke-free work environment. It is rather difficult to stop them from smoking. But the boss can limit the number of smoking breaks workers can take. It will directly curb their smoking.
6. Lastly, keep basic physical exercise machines in the office gym. It encourages workers to sweat it out on the workout floor after the office is over.
Whether you own a big corporate office or a small start-up, paying attention to employee wellness is a must. It will not only make the workers feel special but will also increase their productivity. Even a small business owner knows that the profit of the company is directly proportional to employee efficiency.
It is rather challenging to build the reputation of any company. If the authority pays attention to these details and offers health tips to their employees, then that organization will attain a high status in the market. If you take the necessary steps to keep your employees healthy, it will prove to be beneficial for the business.