The HopCat family celebrates its 12th anniversary with fries, food and beer on Jan. 25
Anniversary celebration includes free Cosmik fries and special access to HopCat’s wildest, woodiest and rarest beers
Kansas City, Mo. (Jan. 14, 2020) – HopCat, located in Westport, is celebrating its family’s 12-year anniversary on Saturday, Jan. 25, with what they do best – food and beer. Guests will receive a free order of HopCat’s famous Cosmik Fries served with its signature cheese sauce on Jan. 25 from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. Throughout the day, HopCat is handing out free chocolate cupcakes as a small way of saying thank you for 12 great years.
At 3 p.m., HopCat will host its annual Cosmik Fries eating contest. Participants have 6 minutes to compete to win a $500 HopCat prize package. Second place receives a $100 prize package and the third-place winner receives a $25 prize package. Guests 18 and older are eligible to participate in the contest at no cost. Details for how to sign up and official contest rules are available on HopCat’s Facebook page.
In addition, HopCat will roll out twenty rare, limited and special release beers to mark the occasion from the HopCat family’s favorite breweries.
Featured beer list available starting Jan. 25:
· Austin Eastciders Small Batch Bourbon BA: Bourbon Barrel-Aged Hard Cider
· Boulevard Plaid Habit: Canadian Whiskey Barrel-Aged Imperial Brown Ale
· Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout: Russian Imperial Stout
· Deschutes Dissident Marionberry: Barrel-Aged Oud Bruin with Oregon Marionberries
· Firestone Parabola: Bourbon Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout
· Founder’s Barrel Runner: Rum Barrel-Aged Double IPA
· Founder’s Dankwood: Bourbon Barrel-Aged American Red IPA
· Founder’s KBS: Bourbon Barrel-Aged American Imperial Stout
· KC Bier Co Bourbon Barrel Uber-Fest: Doppelbock
· Martin City Imperial Alchemy: Imperial Stout with Alchemy Coffee Beans & Vanilla
· Mother’s Bourbon Barrel-Aged Imperial Three Blind Mice: Whiskey & Red Wine Barrel-Aged Imperial Brown Ale
· New Holland Dragon’s Milk Reserve Salted Caramel: Bourbon Barrel-Aged American Imperial Stout with Salted Caramel
· Perrenial Abraxas: American Imperial Stout with Ancho Chili Peppers, Cacao Nibs, Vanilla Beans & Cinnamon
· Perrenial Fantastic Voyage: American Imperial Stout with Coconut
· Perrenial Sump Coffee: American Imperial Stout with Sump Coffee
· Piney River Barrel-Aged Raise A Ruckus: Whiskey Barrel-Aged American Imperial Stout
· The Bruery Tart of Darkness: Oak Aged Sour Stout
· Urban Chestnut Tartu Baltic Porter: Scotch Barrel-Aged Porter
· Van Steenberge Gulden Graak Brewmaster: Whiskey Barrel-Aged Belgian Strong Ale
· Van Steenberge Piraat Rum Barrel-Aged: Rum Barrel-Aged Belgian Strong Golden Ale
The celebration continues all monthlong with a specialty burger in honor of the HopCat family’s 12th anniversary. The Anniversa-Brie burger is available during lunch and dinner for $8.95 and features two fresh USDA smash patties, creamy brie, habanero sauce, hickory-smoked bacon, arugula and a sunny egg on a pretzel bun.
For more information, visit www.hopcat.com/kansas-city. Follow HopCat on Instagram @hopcatkc, on Twitter @hopcatkc and on Facebook at facebook.com/hopcatkc.
HopCat is located at 401 Westport road in Kansas City on the corner of Westport Road and Broadway with 115 different taps of craft beer – at least 30 of which will always pour brews from Kansas and Missouri. HopCat Kansas City features one of KC’s best year-round rooftop cabanas. HopCat’s focus on sustainability, scratch-made comfort food and, of course, the beer selection make it any craft beer lover’s destination. HopCat Kansas City is located at 401 Westport Road, Kansas City, MO 64111. The restaurant is open 11 a.m. – 11 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and 11 a.m. – 1:30 a.m. Friday and Saturday.