Job Corps to Host Wyoming Skilled Trades Festival for Young Adults
The Colorado/Wyoming Job Corps Admissions and Career Transitions Services is hosting the Wyoming Skilled Trades Festival on Thursday, November 3rd, for young adults to explore the benefits of learning and working in the skilled trades industry.
Representatives of Job Corps centers will provide prospective students the opportunity to speak with current students and graduates about the Job Corps program. Attendees will hear presentations from industry employers. The Festival will also have interactive booths for participants to explore their abilities and options.
At the Wyoming Skilled Trades Festival, attendees will learn how to qualify for FREE training and employment assistance, find out about employment opportunities in the skilled trades industries, and much more including:
- See about the move from a “job” to a “Career”
- Check out the wage and benefits for having a skilled trade
- Realize your personal potential through knowledge and skills
- Discover the value of certifications and experience
- Test your abilities with interactive displays
- Speak to women in the “know”
- Listen to KISS 96.1 FM and KOLT 100.7 FM for more information.
The Wyoming Skilled Trades Festival, will be hosted by the Colorado/Wyoming Job Corps Admissions and Career Transitions Services, and representatives from the following Job Corps centers:
- Anaconda Job Corps Center (Mont.)
- Clearfield Job Corps Center (Utah)
- Collbran Job Corps Center (Colo.)
- Kicking Horse Job Corps Center (Mont.)
- Trapper Creek Job Corps Center (Mont.)
- Weber Basin Job Corps Center (Utah)
- Wind River Job Corps Center (Wyo.)
WHEN: Thursday, November 3, 2016, from 11 a.m.–4 p.m. A special presentation for community partners, agencies, and educators will be at 11:30 a.m.
WHERE: Little America Hotel & Resort, 2800 W Lincolnway, Cheyenne, Wyoming 82009
To RSVP in Wyoming call 307-206-4155 and in Colorado 303-623-0420
About Job Corps
Job Corps is a federal career training and education program for young people who aspire to higher-paying careers and higher education. With 126 residential and nonresidential locations nationwide, training is available in the nation’s fastest-growing industries to income-eligible 16- through 24-year-olds. Job Corps offers hands-on training in 11 industries, including automotive and machine repair, construction, finance and business services, health care, hospitality, information technology, manufacturing, renewable resources, and more.
If you are interested in enrolling into Job Corps, please contact the admissions counselor in your area.
Orion Morris – Riverton – 307-253-7503
Vicki Grant – Casper – 307-253-7563
Marissa McKay – Cheyenne – 307-632-3657