Blue Moose Bar & Grill expands to south Kansas City, Missouri in the newly renovated Red Bridge Shopping Center; opens March 26
Locally owned, upscale-casual restaurant will open its 7,000-square-foot space for a St. Patrick’s Day Preview Party on Saturday, March 17
Kansas City, Mo. (March 12, 2018) – Blue Moose Bar & Grill, a popular restaurant in the Kansas City area for the past 16 years, will open Monday, March 26 as a key tenant in the Red Bridge Shopping Center, which has undergone recent major renovations. The location at 11134 Holmes Road will be the sixth Blue Moose for KC Hopps, the Overland Park-based restaurant group.
A special pre-opening St. Patrick’s Day Preview Party will happen on Saturday, March 17 and provide the public with a first glimpse of the new restaurant. A full bar and special Irish-themed menu will be available all day, beginning at 11 a.m. Local singer and songwriter and former American Idol contestant, Nicki Scruggs, will perform live at 2 p.m.
The Blue Moose originally opened in 2002 in Prairie Village, Kansas. The concept expanded across eastern Kansas in recent years to Lenexa, Topeka, Lawrence and Manhattan. Its fresh-ingredient menu offers a variety of small plates, salads, gourmet pizzas and sandwiches, steaks, chops and seafood. The new Blue Moose location also features nightly drink specials and a wide selection of wine and local beers on tap.
“We are thrilled to bring the Blue Moose concept to the Red Bridge community,” said Chris Sutton, KC Hopps CEO. “We’ve built a significant following with Blue Moose’s diverse menu, its Tuesday and Thursday drink specials and popular Sunday brunch.”
Distinct menu items include:
Handmade corn empanadas stuffed with seasoned beef, cheese and roasted poblano peppers. Fried crispy and served with sour cream and fresh avocado salsa.
Build-Your-Own Mac N Cheese
Cavatappi pasta tossed in our award-winning 6 cheese sauce. Add optional add-ins like shrimp, chicken, braised pork belly, spicy chicken, braised beef short rib or carne asada mix.
Shrimp & Chicken Curry
Tender pieces of pan-seared chicken, shrimp, zucchini and carrots in a rich coconut curry sauce. Served with white rice and topped with toasted coconut, sesame seeds and Thai peanut sauce.
Pork Belly Cuban
Smoked ham and mojo marinated pork belly layered with Swiss cheese, yellow mustard and shaved dill pickle. Served on a crispy Cuban-style roll.
Chipotle Braised Short Ribs
Tender beef short ribs simmered in a spicy chipotle sauce. Served with homemade skin-on mashed potatoes and crispy onion strings.
Carne Asada Tacos
2 soft corn tacos filled with marinated steak, cheese, chipotle aioli, pico de gallo, pickled onions, jalapenos and cilantro. Served with chipotle rice and black beans.
Lemon Chicken Piccata
Juicy wood-grilled chicken breasts served over angel hair pasta, with capers and sautéed mushrooms in a rich lemon butter sauce.
“Lighter Side” dishes, all under 600 calories
- Superfood Kale Salad – Tender kale, carrots and heirloom cherry tomatoes, tossed in a homemade sesame soy-ginger vinaigrette. Topped with soy-ginger quinoa, fresh blueberries and dried nori.
- Wood-Grilled Petite Filet Mignon – Five-ounce filet mignon served over whipped cauliflower and finished with aged balsamic glaze. Served with squash succotash.
- Chicken Puttanesca with Angel Hair – Petite grilled chicken breast served over angel hair pasta and housemade marinara sauce with red onions, Kalamata olives, white wine and capers.
- Grilled Mahi Fish Tacos – Two corn tortillas filled with blackened mahi, chipotle mayonnaise, lettuce and pico de gallo. Served with chipotle rice, black beans and house salsa.
Other notable elements of Blue Moose Red Bridge:
- A variety of micro, macro and seasonal beers from Kansas City, the immediate region and throughout the United States
- Sunday Brunch – every Sunday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. A full buffet including bacon, breakfast sausage, oven-baked ham, biscuits & gravy, waffles and made-to-order options such as Eggs Benedict and an omelet bar with 40 add-in ingredients.
- Patio dining – An open-air patio for al fresco dining and drinks
- Drink specials - 10 selections of bottles of wine for $10 each, all day every Tuesday. Thirsty Thursday – $2 micro and $2.50 macro beers.
About Blue Moose Bar & Grill
For more than 15 years, the Blue Moose Bar & Grill brand has endeavored to be the finest upscale-casual restaurant in the neighborhood. We remain dedicated to providing a friendly staff who serves hand-crafted cocktails and delicious fare from our scratch menus. We take pride in providing an atmosphere where our guests feel comfortable, worry-free and at home when visiting. Blue Moose is managed by KC Hopps, Ltd., and is owned by a group of local investors with KC Hopps, Ltd. The KC Hopps restaurant management group opened its first location in 1993 in the Waldo neighborhood of Kansas City. It now owns and operates multiple establishments across eastern Kansas and western Missouri that combine great atmosphere, friendly service and made-from-scratch menus. Other KC Hopps restaurants and concepts include Barley's Kitchen + Tap, O'Dowd's Gastrobar, Stroud's, Relish Catering, Classic Catering and the Moose Truck, a food truck serving Blue Moose favorites. For more information, visit www.KCHopps.com.