Springtime upgrade: O’Dowd’s Gastrobar unveils new seasonal cocktails and revised daily drink specials
6 new cocktails take center stage on April 15
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (April 12, 2019) – Just in time for springtime imbibing on its expansive rooftop patio, O’Dowd’s Gastrobar, one of the Country Club Plaza’s longest running restaurants, is giving its cocktail and daily drinks specials menu a seasonal upgrade. As of Monday, April 15, six new cocktails and one new daily drink special will be available.
- Last Word – Roku Japanese gin, Luxardo, Green Chartreuse, lime, $10
- 4th Best Irish Coffee – Bushmills Irish Whiskey, Demerara, Sumatra Mandheling whole bean coffee, hand shaken cream, $7
- New York Sour – Bulleit Rye, Demerara syrup, lemon, Malbec float, $11
- Trouble in Paradise – Buffalo Trace bourbon, Campari, grapefruit, lemon, honey, basil, $11
- Hemingway Daiquiri – flor De Cana rum, Luxardo, grapefruit, lime, Demerara, $10
- Ketel One Cucumber Cooler – Ketel One Cucumber Mint Botanical, Demerara, lime, soda, $11
Every Tuesday starting at 6 p.m., the “Social Favorites” section of O’Dowd’s cocktail menu will be discounted to $8 per specialty, hand-crafted cocktail. “Social Favorites” cocktails include:
- Bottled Lavender Bee’s Knees – Hendrick’s Gin, lavender simple syrup, honey, lemon. Bottled in house. (regularly $12)
- Bottled Paloma Heat – Casa Noble Crystal Tequila, Ancho Reyes Poblano Liqueur, grapefruit soda, lime, jalapeño simple syrup (regularly $12)
- Gin + Germain – Tom’s Town Gin, St. Germain Elderflower, prosecco, lime (regularly $11)
- Crime of Passion – Deep Eddy Ruby Red Vodka, St. Germain Elderflower, prosecco, Orange Edition Red Bull, lime (regularly $10)
- New York Sour – Bulleit Rye, Demerara Syrup, lemon, Malbec float (regularly $11)
- Aperol Spritz – Prosecco, Aperol, soda, orange (regularly $10)
- Hemingway Daiquiri – Flor De Cana rum, Luxardo, grapefruit, lime, Demerara (regularly $10)
- Ketel One Cucumber Cooler – Ketel One Cucumber Mint Botanical, Demerara, lime, soda (regularly $11)
- Trouble in Paradise – Buffalo Trace bourbon, Campari, grapefruit, lemon, honey, basil (regularly $11)
O’Dowd’s also offers half off its whiskey and scotch selection every Wednesday, starting at 8 p.m., and half off wines by the glass every Thursday, starting at 6 p.m. Service Industry Night is featured every Monday from 9 p.m. – close and Sundays include $5 Mules, Marys and Mimosas all day.
Reservations are available here.
About O’Dowd’s Gastrobar
We first opened our hand-carved double-doors on the Country Club Plaza over 20 years ago. We kept those beautiful doors, but have given the old pub new life. We are modern and chic. We are inviting and entertaining. We are chef-driven and food-focused. Our bartenders don’t just pour drinks, they meticulously craft them. Welcome to the new O’Dowd’s Gastrobar.
Kansas City has been good to O’Dowd’s, and we love Kansas City. That’s why we believe it is important to use local companies and locally-sourced ingredients in our dishes and drinks. We use items from Farm to Market Bread Co., Kurlbaum’s Heirloom Tomatoes, and Green Dirt Farms to name a few. We have a vast selection of locally brewed beers and distilled spirits. Even our drink books were handcrafted by KC’s own Sandlot Goods!