Blue Moose to feature special Mardi Gras menu for 8 days
Menu will feature Louisiana Creole dishes and special cocktails, available Feb. 18 - 25
TOPEKA, Kan. (Feb. 13, 2020) – Executive Chef Ryan Sneed has created a custom Mardi Gras menu of six Louisiana Creole dishes that will be available for eight days at Blue Moose, located at 3030 SW Wanamaker. The Mardi Gras menu, which also includes two specialty cocktails, will be available from Tuesday, Feb. 18 through Tuesday, Feb. 25, or Shrove Tuesday, the day on which Mardi Gras is celebrated.
The regular menu will also be available during the eight days. Reservations can be made by calling 785-272-6800 or online here.
Mardi Gras Menu
- Gumbo – Traditional-style with shrimp, chicken, andouille sausage, okra & steamed rice. Cup $2.99 or Bowl $4.99
- Dirty Rice – Hearty Creole rice pilaf with sausage, chicken & vegetables. $2.99
- Blackened Grilled Catfish – With crawfish beignets, seasonal red beans and rice, & jalapeño corn bread. $14.99
- Jambalaya – Pan-seared chicken and andouille sausage in a Creole-style tomato sauce with white rice & jalapeño corn bread. $13.99
- Crawfish Étouffée – Spicy crawfish tails stewed with onions, celery, peppers & tomatoes with white rice & jalapeño corn bread. $13.99
- Bread Pudding – French bread soaked in a sweet, buttery egg mixture, baked to perfection and topped with a whiskey butter sauce. $5.99
- Nola Cola – Southern Comfort and Pepsi, $6
- Bacardi Hurricane – Bacardi Rum, Meyer’s Rum, simple syrup, passion fruit juice, mango juice, fresh citrus and grenadine, $8
About K.C. Hopps
The KC Hopps restaurant management group opened its first location in 1993 in the Waldo neighborhood of Kansas City. It now owns and operates multiple establishments across eastern Kansas and western Missouri that combine great atmosphere, friendly service and made-from-scratch menus. KC Hopps restaurants and concepts include Blue Moose, Barley's Kitchen + Tap, O'Dowd's Gastrobar, Stroud's, Relish Classic Catering, Shining Stars Catering, and the Moose Truck, a food truck serving Blue Moose favorites. For more information, visit www.KCHopps.com.
About Blue Moose
For over 17 years, the Blue Moose brand has endeavored to be the finest upscale-casual restaurant in the neighborhood. We remain dedicated to providing a friendly staff who serves hand-crafted cocktails and delicious fare from our scratch menus. We take pride in providing an atmosphere where our guests feel comfortable, worry-free and at home when visiting. Blue Moose is the perfect place to meet friends and family in the neighborhood. Happy Hour Monday through Friday from 4 to 6pm with food and drink specials. We offer weekly Sunday brunch with a beautiful and tasty buffet, opening at 10am. All day Tuesdays we feature 10 bottles of wine for $10 each. Don’t miss our thirsty Thursday special - $2.50 and $3 beers! Private Rooms for events are available at all locations. Blue Moose is managed and owned by KC Hopps, Ltd., and a group of local investors.