O’Dowd’s Gastrobar’s 23rd annual St. Patrick’s Day celebration packs Irish-themed fun into nearly 20 consecutive hours
The huge party will include traditional Irish dishes, dancers and live entertainment all day long
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (March 5, 2019) – For the 23rd consecutive year, O’Dowd’s Gastrobar, located at 4742 Pennsylvania Avenue, will pack more than 18 consecutive hours of Irish food, drinks, entertainment and fun into the day and night on Tuesday, March 17.
Special Irish menus will be available for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The breakfast menu will be served from 7 to 10:30 a.m. and the lunch and dinner menu will be available from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. O'Dowd's will also be offering Saint Archer Gold beer buckets – $15 for five 12-ounce cans of Saint Archer Gold.
O’Dowd’s regular menu will not be offered.
In addition to the Irish menus, live entertainment is planned all day and night.
O’Dowd’s St. Patrick’s Day Entertainment Lineup
9 a.m. – 1 p.m.: Nikki White (main-level stage)
2 – 9 p.m.: Irish Legend Eddie Delahunt (main-level stage)
3 – 5 p.m.: The Driscoll School Irish Dancers
10:30 p.m. – 1:30 a.m.: DJ Highnoone (main-level stage)
Throughout the entire day: Live deejays on the rooftop deck, bagpipers and giveaways
O’Dowd’s St. Patrick’s Day Breakfast Menu
Serving from 7 – 10:30 a.m.
- Irish Breakfast – Two scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, and Potatoes O’Brien, $11
- Corned Beef Hash –Cured corned beef, potatoes, peppers and onions, topped with an over-easy egg, $13
- Biscuits and Gravy – Fresh biscuits topped with sausage gravy and served with a side of Potatoes O’Brien, $10
- French Toast – Classic French toast stacked high with fresh berry compote, fresh whipped cream and maple syrup. Served with a side of bacon, $11
O’Dowd’s St. Patrick’s Day Lunch and Dinner Menu
Serving from 11 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Fish & Chips – Boulevard Wheat beer battered fish, hand-cut fries and Southern coleslaw, $12
- Corned Beef & Cabbage – Slow-braised corned beef, caraway braised cabbage, Colcannon mashed potatoes and whole grain mustard cream sauce, $16
- Shepherd’s Pie – Fresh ground beef simmered with vegetables, mushroom deli-glace, mashed potatoes, $12
- Reuben & Hand-Cut Fries – House-cured corned beef, sauerkraut, 1000 island, rye, Swiss cheese, $15
- Umami Burger & Hand-Cut Fries – Fontina cheese, pancetta jam, green goddess, lettuce, tomato, pickle, $15
- Impossible Burger & Hand-Cut Fries – Impossible patty made with 100% vegetarian ingredients, avocado, lettuce, tomato, house-made pickles, freshly baked potato bun, $15
- Hummus – Served with cucumbers, roasted tomatoes, Greek olives, feta cheese, olive oil and brick oven flatbread, $10
- Chicken Wings – O’Dowd’s BBQ or spicy buffalo, celery and carrot sticks, dill ranch, $13
- Bread & Butter Pudding – $8
About O’Dowd’s Gastrobar
We first opened our hand-carved double-doors on the Country Club Plaza over 20 years ago. We kept those beautiful doors, but have given the old pub new life. We are modern and chic. We are inviting and entertaining. We are chef-driven and food-focused. Our bartenders don’t just pour drinks, they meticulously craft them. Welcome to the new O’Dowd’s Gastrobar.
Kansas City has been good to O’Dowd’s, and we love Kansas City. That’s why we believe it is important to use local companies and locally-sourced ingredients in our dishes and drinks. We use items from Farm to Market Bread Co., Kurlbaum’s Heirloom Tomatoes, and Green Dirt Farms to name a few. We have a vast selection of locally brewed beers and distilled spirits. Even our drink books were handcrafted by KC’s own Sandlot Goods!