Haleem, a Marvel in the World of Tastes
Haleem is one of the most popular recipes from Asian cuisines especially Pakistani and Indian ones. Whenever I see any of these recipes, I wonder the brilliance of it's inventor that how amazingly he devised the things to come up with that awesome taste. Haleem is an obvious marvel in the world of tastes.
For women, who find it hard to make a haleem at home, I am providing a step by step recipe with pictures for each step. Just follow the instructions one by one and finally you would be enjoying a scrumptious Pakistani dish with your kids and husband.
Haleem, sometimes also termed as 'Daleem' comes not only with a delicious taste but also with lots of powerful ingredients such as wheat, barley and split gram lentils and mung beans.
Note: You can enjoy it with either a kind of flatbread such as naan or chapati or even without any bread, just like you eat a dessert with spoon.
Lentils, Barley and Wheat Used in Haleem.
Spices in Haleem:
Spices Used in Haleem
Step 1: Fry whole spices and onions until it turns golden brown. Add other spices and cook well.
Step 2: Now add meat and cook. Add around 6 glasses of water, so that meat get tenderized.
Step 3: Meat gravy for Haleem is ready.
Step 4: Boiled lentils, barley and wheat.
Step 5: Combine boiled ground lentils and ground meat.
Step 6: Stir well vigorously until mixed well.
Step 7: A delicious haleem is ready to eat.
Step 8: Garnish with ginger, lemon, fried onion, mint leaves, coriander leaves and chopped green chillies.
Haleem Recipe Summarized:
- Beef: 1 kilogram
- Onion: 250 grams
- Tomatoes: 3 pcs
- Salt: as you like
- Red Chilli Powder: 6 tsp
- Yogurt: 2 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder: 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder: 4 tsp
- Bay Leaves: 3 leaves
- Oil: 1/2 cup
- Wheat: 1/4 kg
- Barley: 1/4 kg
- Split Gram Lentils: 1/4 kg
- Mung Beans: 1/4 kg
- Ginger Garlic Paste: 2 tbsp
Ingredients for Garnishing:
- Fried Onions
- Green Coriander
- Mint Leaves
- Chopped Green Chillies
- Heat oil in pan until crackles.
- Add whole spices, and onions and fry until golden brown.
- Now all remaining spices i.e. ginger garlic, red chilli powder, turmeric, coriander, tomatoes and yogurt. Add meat and cook for a while and then pour 5 to 6 glass or enough water. Cook well until meat is tender.
- Roast meat a bit more.
- Now grind the meat a little bit to turn it into filaments.
- Grind boiled lentils along boiled wheat and barley.
- Now combine ground meat filaments and ground lentils.
- Mix well and cook on stove with stirring vigorously.
- Once it is mixed well and gets a thick consistency, it is ready to serve.
- Now garnish with ginger, onions, mint, coriander and green chillies. Sprinkle lemon juice.
- It is now presentable and ready to be eaten.
- Let's enjoy this Pakistani Haleem and recall me and my recipe when you lick your fingers while having enjoyed this tasteful haleem.