April 27: 30 Lakeside High School Alumni Inducted into New Lakeside Sports Hall of Fame
Celebrating 55 Years of Sports at Lakeside!
For Immediate Release
IJ Rosenberg, email@example.com, (404) 246-7819
Mitch Leff, firstname.lastname@example.org, (404) 861-4769
April 27: 30 Lakeside High School Alumni Inducted into New Lakeside Sports Hall of Fame; Celebrating 55 Years of Sports
DeKalb County, April 7, 2019 - In celebration of a proud athletic legacy, 30 Lakeside High School Alumni will be inducted into the inaugural Lakeside High School Sports Hall of Fame at a ceremony on April 27, 2019. Representing a cross-section of sports, inductees will attend a red-carpet ceremony where they will receive a Hall of Fame jacket, medallion and plaque.
The evening will also include the inductees placing their plaque on the new Hall of Fame Wall at the school. All 30 inductees, or families representing inductees who are no longer with us, are expected to attend.
Dinner and Ceremony
Where: Lakeside High School, 3801 Briarcliff Road, NE
Time: 6:30 p.m.
Tickets: $35 for adults and $20 for children (12 and under) (dress is business casual). Purchase tickets at https://lakesidefoundation.org/foundation/events/.
2019 Lakeside Sport Hall of Fame Inductees:
- Football: Coach Wayman Creel (1970-82), Dick Conn (1969), Jack Jones (1969), Ed Butler (1972), Jack Fuqua (1971), Mike Johnson (1973), Jack Bowen (1973), Coach Dave Redford (1970-93), Spencer Nelms (1981), Greg Davis (1982) and Coach Phil Lindsey (1972-97)
- Boy’s Basketball: Pete Fusi (1973)
- Baseball: Gene Ammann (1967) and Ron Cash (1967)
- Soccer: Coach Jim Mitchell (1973-2003), Tom Manget (1971), John Manget (1975) and Lane Kenworthy (1982)
- Cross Country: Coach Eddie Roberts (1971-2005) and Joe Thorne (2002)
- Tennis: Lianna Bebeau (1984)
- Swimming: Coach Avalee Spinks (1977-2002) and Renee Loisel (1972)
- Track and Field: Robbie Horton (1975)
- Gymnastics: Coach Lucia Norwood (1970-75), Jeff Morrison (1974), Barbara Hall (1976) and Karen Loewen (1982)
- Wrestling: Bryan Carlisle (1983)
- Supporter: John Kicklighter (Former Principal; 1971-83)
The new Sports Hall of Fame was created with the support of the Lakeside High School Foundation.
About the Lakeside High School Foundation
The Lakeside High School Foundation supports and implements impactful, sustainable opportunities and initiatives that complement the school’s efforts to build a strong educational focus and a vibrant school community. Learn more at www.LakesideFoundation.org.