Panera Bread: "Food as it Should Be"
The Clean Food Initiative
- On January 1, 2017, Panera Bread announced that all of its menu items are 100% clean.
- 100% clean means: no artificial flavors, preservatives, sweeteners and colors from artificial sources.
- All soups, salads, sandwiches, breakfast, bakery items and Panera at Home products meet the 100% clean standard.
- Ingredient spotlight: Bacon Made Better!
- Quote: Founder & CEO Ron Shaich: "At Panera, we want to serve food we want our own families to enjoy. Offering a clean menu free from all artificial flavors, preservatives, sweeteners and colors from artificial sources is one way we can help our guests feel confident about the food they eat at Panera,” said Ron Shaich, Panera Bread founder and CEO. He concluded, “Panera’s clean food is foundational to serving food as it should be."
About Panera Bread Company
- 2,024 bakery-cafe locations in 46 states, District of Columbia and Canada
- Focused on good food served by people who care
- Fast Company named Panera the #1 Most Innovative Company in Food in 2015
- Emily Ellickson-Brown, Media Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Victoria Gaffney, Media Specialist, email@example.com
- Download / PDF file: "No No List" - Ingredients you will never find in Panera food
- Download / PDF file: Nutrition facts for Panera menu items
- Download / PDF file: Traditional News Release, "Panera Bread Menu is Now 100% Clean"
- Video: Clean Ingredients: https://youtu.be/sLt4uENq5aM
- Video: Founder and CEO Ron Shaich talking about the 100% Clean achievement: https://youtu.be/G0-ly6Z_opk
Let us know your thoughts about Panera Bread's commitment to clean food
- Panera Health Blog: https://panerahealth.wordpress.com/
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/panerabread
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/panerabread