Like any other perishable goods, coffee beans easily lose its quality depending on how they are packed and stored. Keep in mind that various factors, such as moisture, temperature, and oxygen, can play a huge role in the deterioration of the beans’ aroma and flavor. With that said, you need to know how to properly package coffee beans and where you should store them. In addition, you should also learn how to choose the right wholesale coffee bags, especially when shipping them to another location. Listed below are a few quick tips for keeping beans at their peak:
- Keep the coffee beans in an airtight, dark wholesale coffee bags or containers.
- Keep the package away from direct sunlight.
- Protect it from extreme heat or cold.
- Avoid steam. This means you should not store your coffee beans near stoves or brewers.
- Keep the coffee beans away from moisture.
- If you are planning on keeping the beans for a long time, consider placing them in the freezer.
Tips for Packaging Coffee Beans
- Airtight Container – One of your options for packaging coffee beans is storing it in airtight containers. When the beans are exposed to oxygen, it might lose its flavor and aroma; thus, keeping it in a sealed container will help prolong its quality. You can use an opaque canister with a rubber seal. You can also look for wholesale coffee bags with airtight seal. You can ask your local packaging supplier what other coffee bean bags and containers they have. Lastly, if you purchased coffee beans that are inside a metal tin container with plastic lid, it is best to leave them inside the original packaging.
- Wholesale Coffee Bags – You need to understand that not all coffee bags are created the same. There are coffee bags that look appealing; however, they do not provide enough protection against the effects of oxygen. Some bags do not even prevent the escape of aroma. With that said, if you are thinking of keeping coffee beans inside a bag, you need to choose those bags that are not made of coated Kraft paper as the beans will more likely go stale faster. The best option is to choose re-sealable coffee bean bags to keep the beans fresh.
- Glass Jar – This is an easy storage option for coffee beans; however, it is not designed for keeping beans for long periods of time because this type of container let in too much light. If you do not intend to keep the beans for a long time, then you can use mason jars or recycled sauce jars. If you are thinking of giving away coffee beans as gift, then putting them inside a glass jar will make them look elegant. Of course, you can also use wholesale coffee bags for giving coffee beans as a gift. You can always wrap a ribbon at the top of the bag to seal it.
There are various options of packaging coffee beans; however, not all packaging materials are designed for keeping beans in excellent flavor and aroma. Choosing high quality and re-sealable wholesale coffee bags and airtight containers are some of your best options.