Tweet It: Celebrate your leading lady w/ a specialty meal from @SouthPointLV’s restaurant lineup Sunday, 5/10! #MothersDay (LINK)
LAS VEGAS – South Point Hotel, Casino and Spa celebrates Mother’s Day with specialty menus at the property’s lineup of restaurants including Baja Miguel’s, Coronado Café, Don Vito’s, Garden Buffet, Primarily Prime Rib, Silverado Steakhouse and Zenshin on Sunday, May 10
Baja Miguel’s will serve a three-course menu and a complimentary house margarita for $19.95 per person from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., including:
· Appetizers: Volcanos de Camaron, pastry shell topped with shrimp in cream basil sauce; or Quesos Fundidos, trio of cheese fondue with mushrooms and Mexican chorizo.
· Entrées: Carne Asada Tentación, marinated skirt steak broiled, topped with shrimp, diced peppers, onions and melted Oaxaca cheese; or Fiesta Skillets, perfect combination of salmon, scallops and breaded shrimp.
· Desserts: Pastel Tres Leches, a Spanish favorite sponge cake moistened with sweet milk and topped with whipped cream; or Fresh Fruit Tart, cookie crust filled with Bavarian cream and topped with fresh fruit.
Coronado Café will serve a three-course menu and a complimentary cocktail or glass of wine for $14.95 per person from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m., including:
· Appetizers: Lobster Bisque or Mother’s Day Salad, with chopped iceberg lettuce, grape tomatoes, green peas, sweet corn, scallions, toasted croutons with choice of dressing.
· Entrées: Medallion Beef California with sliced avocado, tomato, melted jack cheese on demi reduction; or Grilled Filet of Pacific Salmon with watercress cream and teardrop tomatoes. Each entrée is served with roasted or Yukon gold mashed potatoes and green beans.
· Desserts: Strawberry Cream Pie.
Don Vito’s will serve a three-course menu and a complimentary glass of wine selected by the restaurant sommelier for $39 per person from 4 to 9 p.m., including:
· Appetizers: Tomato Mozzarella Tart in a puff pastry shell; or Tuna Crudo with avocado accompanied by pasta chips; or Italian Wedding Soup.
· Entrées: Crispy Salmon, with smoked salmon crust over tarragon butter; Escallop of Chicken Saltimbocca, thinly sliced chicken breast with sage, prosciutto ham sautéed in butter and flamed in white wine; or Skirt Steak, with fire roasted Italian long hot peppers stuffed with provolone.
· Desserts: Chocolate Marshmallow Cannoli; or Raspberry Cheesecake.
Primarily Prime Rib will serve a three-course menu and a complimentary cocktail or glass of wine selected by the restaurant sommelier for $29 per person from 2 to 9 p.m., including:
· Appetizers: Mom’s Salad Bowl, with bibb lettuce hearts of palm, toasted walnuts, grape tomatoes, raspberry vinaigrette, tossed tableside; or Chilled Minted English Green Pea Soup with crème fraîche.
· Entrées: Pan Seared Halibut with lobster champagne beurre blanc; Twin Medallions of Beef with stilton cheese and Portobello sauce; or Prime Rib of Beef, dry aged and slowly cooked. All entrées are served with Yukon Gold or château potatoes.
· Desserts: Red Velvet Cream Cupcake; or Chocolate Mousse Cake.
Silverado Steakhouse will serve a four-course menu and a complimentary glass of wine selected by the restaurant sommelier for $55 per person from 4 to 10 p.m., including:
· Appetizers: Chilled Shrimp Over Fresh Asparagus with citrus crème fraîche; Poached Chicken and Mushroom Vol au Vent folded with cream sauce in a puff pastry basket; or Fresh Fruit Brochette, seasonal fruits lightly grilled with cinnamon glaze on Greek yogurt coulis.
· Soup or Salad: Wilted Grilled Romaine Lettuce, with hazelnuts, teardrop tomatoes, green beans and hazelnut dressing; or Chilled Watermelon Consommé with Ciroc Red Berry Vodka.
· Entrées: Filet of Pacific Salmon and Gulf Shrimp on lime beurre blanc; or Medallions of Beef Princess Kate, twin medallions with choron and mushroom zinfandel sauces. All entrées are served with asparagus tips and pont neuf potatoes.
· Desserts: Passion Fruit Gelato with raspberries; or Baileys Cream Mousse in chocolate cup.
Zenshin will serve a three-course menu for $39 per person from 4 to 10 p.m., including:
· Appetizers: Beef Carpaccio Salad with lightly seared Wagyu beef, farm green salad and Maui onion dressing; or Tuna Tartare with toasted macadamia nuts, tobiko, shallots, chipotle aioli and Thai basil pesto; or Lobster Bisque with lobster claw crumble tossed in herbs and truffle essence.
· Entrées: Seven-ounce Mahi Mahi Herb Crusted with roasted red bliss potato, steamed asparagus and lobster cream sauce; or Five-ounce Petite Filet and Grilled Butter Lobster with medley of Asian mushrooms, cream mashed potato and sweet soy demi glaze.
· Desserts: Yuzu Ice Cream Bar with blackberry, raspberry and strawberry; or Tempura Brownie Martini with vanilla ice cream and chocolate drizzle.
The Garden Buffet will feature a special Mother’s Day Bottomless Bloody Mary and Mimosa Brunch Buffet for $16.95 with a Club Card or $20.95 without a Club Card from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. The buffet will offer brunch favorites such as Steak and Eggs, Freshly Made Omelets, Eggs Chantilly, Fresh-Off-The-Grill Pancakes and French Toast. In addition, a la carte options include dishes such as Roasted Leg of Spring Lamb, Prime Rib of Beef, Rotisserie Chicken, Chicken with Sage Cream, Seared Salmon with Watercress Sauce, Pork Medallions with green peppercorn sauce, Cashew Chicken, Chinese Style Baby Back Ribs and more. Guests can finish the brunch feast with treats from the dessert station include Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding, Gelato, and Strawberry Cream Cupcakes and more.
Additionally, the Garden Buffet will serve a Mother’s Day Dinner Buffet for $16.95 with a Club Card or $20.95 without a Club Card from 4 to 9 p.m. Guests will receive two complimentary glasses of house wine to accompany the dinner. The specialty buffet offers live carving stations including Roasted Leg of Spring Lamb, Prime Rib of Beef and Rotisserie Chicken. In addition, guests can select from an assortment of a la carte dishes including but not limited to Steamed Salmon with Newberg cream, Chicken Cacciatore, Homestyle Chicken in the Pot, Chinese Beef with snow peas and Seared Tilapia with papaya salsa. Guests can also bring out their inner chef with the buffets Build-Your-Own Pasta Bar station. For those looking to satisfy the sweet tooth, the specialty buffet offers a dessert station with treats such as Strawberry Cream Cupcakes, Chocolate Bread Pudding, Cheesecakes, Fresh Pastries and a Gelato Bar.
Regular menus will also be available at Baja Miguel’s, Coronado Café, Don Vito’s, Primarily Prime Rib, Silverado Steakhouse and Zenshin on Sunday, May 10. Zenshin’s specialty menu items are also available a la carte and are priced at $15 for appetizers, $32 for entrées and $9 for dessert. All guests must be 21 years of age or older with valid form of ID to receive the complimentary cocktail. Tax and gratuity are not included. For more information or reservations, please visit South Point’s dining website.
About South Point Hotel, Casino & Spa
Featuring more than 2,100 guestrooms, South Point Hotel, Casino & Spa overlooks the famous Las Vegas Strip and the serenity of the surrounding mountainscape. Each oversized guest room features state-of-the-art LED televisions as well as WiFi with high-speed internet connections. Guests visiting South Point will experience affordable luxury through a casino offering top-of-the-line gaming technology, more than 60 table games and a race and sports book area featuring separate viewing areas for both horse racing and general sporting events; a wide variety of dining options, including the award-winning Michael’s Gourmet Room; the world-class Costa Del Sur Spa and Salon; a fabulous 400-seat showroom featuring headliner entertainment; a 16-screen Cinemark movie complex; a state-of-the-art, 64-lane bowling center; and a 165,000-square foot convention center. In addition, South Point holds one of the finest event facilities in the country with the South Point Arena and Equestrian Center, which features more than 1,200 climate-controlled stalls and plays host to some of the country’s most unique events. South Point Hotel, Casino & Spa is at 9777 Las Vegas Blvd. South, Las Vegas, NV 89183.
Kirvin Doak Communications
Jaclyn Dadas / Ashley Trevizo / Lea Komitzky