The Italian card payments channel registered growth during the review period (2009–2013). In terms of number of cards in circulation, the channel registered a CAGR of 6.96% to reach 116.0 million cards by the end of 2013. The channel valued EUR363.3 billion (US$481.6 billion) in 2013.
The prepaid card category is expected to record the highest growth prospects both in terms of the volume of cards in issue and transaction value. In terms of card volume, the prepaid category is anticipated to post a forecast-period CAGR of 17.42% and register a CAGR of 13.41% in terms of transaction value. In volume and value terms, the open-loop prepaid segment is expected to post respective CAGRs of 16.91% and 12.47%.
In value terms, the credit card market posted a review-period CAGR of 1.59%, from EUR59.3 billion (US$82.3 billion) in 2009 to EUR63.1 billion (US$83.7 billion) in 2013. The impact of financial crisis resulted in waning growth in the Italian credit card market, which adversely impacted consumer confidence and forced companies to cut costs. The transaction value of commercial credit cards exhibited a review-period CAGR of 0.89%. Although growth has been impacted, the market still occupies a market share of 11.6% in terms of all Italian card payment channels. This is the result of a government policy of restricting limits on cash payment to EUR1,000 (US$1,390) − above this figure all payments must be made through cards.
Find More Reports Related to Banking Category at: http://www.researchmoz.us/banking-market-reports-159.html
- This report provides a comprehensive analysis of Italy's cards and payments industry.
- It provides current values for Italy's cards and payments industry for 2013, and forecast figures for 2018.
- It details the different economic, infrastructural and business drivers affecting Italy's cards and payments industry.
- It outlines the current regulatory framework in the industry.
- It details the marketing strategies used by various banks and other institutions.
- It profiles the major banks in Italy's cards and payments industry.
Reasons to buy
- Make strategic business decisions using top-level historic and forecast market data related to Italy's cards and payments industry and each market within it.
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities within Italy's cards and payments industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in Italy's cards and payments industry.
- Gain insights in to the marketing strategies used for selling various card types in Italy.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing Italy's cards and payments industry.
ResearchMoz ( http://www.researchmoz.us/ ) is the one stop online destination to find and buy market research reports. Our market research databases integrate statistics with analysis from global, regional, country and company perspectives. We provide the market context, competitor insight and future trends needed for strategic planning.
For More Information Kindly Contact:
Toll Free: 866-997-4948