Peripheral IV catheters are peripheral venous devices used to infuse medication or fluids directly into a vein, or draw blood samples for testing. These catheters are made of a non-irritant material, such as silicone, which negates any side effects caused when they are left in a patient’s arm for several weeks or months. Peripheral IV catheters are introduced into the peripheral vein using a needle and fixed to the patient’s skin with an adhesive tape.
The needle is then removed, leaving a small tube of the cannula at the insertion site. Advanced peripheral IV catheters are equipped with additional safety features to prevent needlestick injuries, which allow for their use in critical care units in hospitals.
The analysts forecast peripheral IV catheter market in the US to grow at a CAGR of 5.79% over the period 2014-2019.
Covered in this Report
This report covers the present scenario and the growth prospects of the peripheral IV catheter market in the US for the period 2015-2019. To calculate the market size, the report considers revenue generated from the following segments:
- Short Peripheral Intravenous Catheter
- They are short catheters inserted into the peripheral vein on the hand or arm for administration of medications, fluids, and to draw blood sample.
- Integrated/Closed Catheter
- These catheters are the most advanced and render high performance. They offer a closed system blood control and high safety benefits to patients.
- This report presents the vendor landscape and a corresponding detailed analysis of the top six vendors in the market.
The report, Peripheral IV Catheter Market in the US 2015-2019, has been prepared based on an in-depth market analysis with inputs from industry experts. It covers the market landscape and its growth prospects in the coming years. The report includes a discussion of the key vendors operating in this market.
- B. Braun Melsungen
- Becton, Dickenson and Co.
- C.R. Bard
- Smiths Medical
- Tangent Medical Technologies
Purchase a copy of the report at http://www.sandlerresearch.org/purchase?rname=37829
Other Prominent Vendor
- Argon Medical Devices
- Delta Med
- Medical Components
- Tangent Medical
- Vascular Pathways
- Increasing Aging Population
- High Cost of Integrated/Closed Catheters
- Rising Use of Closed IV Catheter Systems
Key Questions Answered in this Report
- What will the market size be in 2019 and what will the growth rate be?
- What are the key market trends?
- What is driving this market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in this market space?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the key vendors?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of the key vendors?
For more Information on the report, inquire at http://www.sandlerresearch.org/inquire-before-buying?rname=37829
About US:Sandlerresearch.org (http://www.sandlerresearch.org/) is an online market research store for research reports on multiple industries. These reports provide market analysis, trends and opportunities and forecast about industries that helps to make a right decision for the business.