LOS ANGELES -- It’s going to be a starry night for award-winning playwright Je’Caryous Johnson for the premiere of his new stage play “Je’Caryous Johnson’s Married But Single.” The writer/producer/director assembled an all-star cast to bring the national tour of “Je’Caryous Johnson’s Married But Single” to the City of Angels. The play will premiere for a special, red carpet industry night on Friday, March 18, 2016 at the Orpheum Theatre, located at 842 S. Broadway in downtown Los Angeles. Red carpet arrivals begin at 6:30 p.m. followed by an 8 p.m. performance. An after party will follow the performance with food catered by Chef Tony of Eat2LiveLA.com. Tickets will be open to the public on Friday, March 18 and Saturday, March 19, 2016. For ticket information and show times, visit www.Jecaryous.com.
Johnson is a four-time national championship playwright and recipient of the 2007 NAACP Trailblazer Award. With more than 20 years of experience, he is the second highest grossing playwright in the world, grossing more than $100 million.
ABOUT “ JE’CARYOUS JOHNSON’S MARRIED BUT SINGLE” | a synopsis
“Je’Caryous Johnson’s Married But Single” is the latest production, penned by critically-acclaimed writer, producer, director Je’Caryous Johnson. The stage play follows Sharon Wilson, a successful and sultry women in love with R & B singing sensation, Julian Johnson, who knows everything about singing about love, but nothing about giving it. After three years of empty promises, Sharon steps out when an old flame walks back into her life, and is soon reminded of the love she’s been missing. An all-star cast comes together to deliver an entertaining, comedic drama, telling the tale of what happens when “I do,” turns into “I did.” Couples conveniently become “married, but single.”
MEET THE CAST!
- LisaRaye McCoy – actress, “Single Ladies” and “All of Us”
- Chrisette Michele – Grammy Award-winning R & B singer/songwriter with new single, “Unbreakable;” cast member on “R & B Divas: Los Angeles”
- Carl Payne – actor/producer, “The Game,” “Martin” and “The Cosby Show”
- Darrin Henson – actor/author/choreographer in the upcoming film “Chocolate City 2,” “Soul Food” and “Stomp the Yard”
- Clifton Powell – actor/producer, “Ray,” “Norbit,” “The Undershepherd,” and “35 & Ticking”
- La’myia Good – singer/actress, a former member of R & B girl group ISYSS signed to Arista Records; appeared in films “Video Girl” and “Act Like You Love Me”
- Samson Logan – singer/actor/producer, appearing in Johnson’s hit plays, “Whatever She Wants,” “Breathe” and “Love Overboard”
- Terrell Carter – singer/actor, known for his appearances in “Diary of a Mad Black Woman,” “Think Like a Man Too” and “Curse of Mesopotamia”
- Skye Griffin -- singer/songwriter/actress, a former band member of girl group, “Sophia Fresh,” signed by the legendary Clive Davis at J Records and later Atlantic Records. As a solo artist, she’s toured with award-winning rapper/singer T-Pain and rapper T.I.
ABOUT JE’CARYOUS JOHNSON
For almost two decades, Je’Caryous Johnson has transformed the world of urban theatre and propelled himself into mainstream notoriety and success. It all started for him with his forward thinking to turn African-American romance novels into stage plays.
Some of Johnson’s other hit plays include “Love Overboard” with R&B hit makers Avant & Keke Wyatt; “Men Cry in the Dark” with Allen Payne; “The Maintenance Man” and “3 Ways To Get A Husband" with legendary Hollywood icon Billy Dee Williams; “Friends and Lovers and Cheaters” with Grammy Award-winning singer Brian McKnight; “Confessions” with the late Gerald LeVert; “Men, Money & Gold Diggers” with Robin Givens; “Whatever She Wants” with Boris Kodjoe and Richard Roundtree;“Cheaper to Keep Her” with Vivica A. Fox and “Marriage Material” with Jill Marie Jones – just to name a few.
To date, more than 2.5 million people have seen Johnson’s shows nationwide, grossing more than $135 million in revenue. Last year, Johnson toured, “Things Your Man Won’t Do,” starring Tichina Arnold, Wendy Raquel Robinson, Leon, Brian White, Allen Payne, Terri J. Vaughn and Essence Atkins.
Today, Je’Caryous Johnson Entertainment is embarking upon the world of television and film. In addition to his stage plays, he is working on a series of direct-to-consumer films, which will showcase his trademark humor, with entertaining and enlightening messages. Visit www.Jecaryous.com