Yep, Spring is officially here! And that means Spring Projects, Spring Fun, and Sunny Spring Days!
So while we wait for Spring weather to catch up to the season, why not take a few minutes to do some Spring Cleaning, insurance style!
Here are 5 insurance things to think about while you are waiting for the grass to grow.
- Make sure your sump pump is in good working order. Nothing ruins a nice spring day like water in your basement. If you have a sump pump, make sure it is ready for a wet spring. In addition, check your home insurance policy to make sure you are covered if your sump pump ever fails.
- Give your car insurance a deep clean! Your car has probably picked up a couple months of grime from driving on dirty, snowy roads and it deserves a good cleaning. How long has it been since you did the same thing for your car insurance? Giving your auto insurance a spring cleaning can give you that same feeling as driving out of the car wash.
- Get your toys ready for the road! Whether you have a Motorcycle, ATV, Motorhome or Classic Car, make sure the insurance is ready to go or you’ll be stopped in your tracks.
- How is your roof holding up? Your roof takes a beating and is the first line of defense to keep the weather out of your home. Spring is a good time to evaluate whether or not it’s time to make repairs or even replace the roof. Keep in mind you might get a discount on your home insurance if you install a new roof!
- Get your umbrella! Just like an umbrella keeps you dry during a Spring storm, a liability umbrella insurance policy is a must to keep the big storms of life from soaking you. If you have assets to protect, you need an umbrella liability policy!