An LED is a semiconductor device/light source that emits visible light or infrared light when an electric charge passes through it. LEDs are primarily used in indicator lamps and for other types of lighting such as that used in billboard signs, TV remotes, and brake lights of vehicles. Initially, LEDs would only emit a low-intensity red light. Currently, however, LEDs are available across the visible, ultraviolet, and infrared wavelengths. They work on the principle of electroluminescence, wherein the color of illumination is determined by the energy band gap of the semiconductor. A UV LED displays an ultraviolet light; its wavelength is less than 400 nm. The compact nature and superior performance of UV LEDs is driving new and innovative applications including:
- Air purification
- Currency validation
- Dental curing and teeth whitening
- DNA gel
- Fluorescence disclosure and verification
- Water purification
- Medical phototherapy
Analysts forecast the Global UV LED Market will grow at a CAGR of 43.51 percent over the period 2013-2018.
The Global UV LED market can be divided based on application into seven segments: Counterfeit Analysis, Optical Sensor and Instrumentation, Photocatalytic Air Purification, R&D, UV Curing, Water Purification, and Others.
The Global UV LED Market 2014-2018, has been prepared based on an in-depth market analysis with inputs from industry experts. The report covers the APAC region, Europe, North America, and the ROW; it also covers the Global UV LED market landscape and its growth prospects in the coming years. The report also includes a discussion of the key vendors operating in this market.
Purchase a copy of the report at http://www.sandlerresearch.org/purchase?rname=21223 .
- North America
- Crystal IS Inc.
- Nichia Corp.
- Phoseon Technology
- SemiLEDs Corp.
- Sensor Electronic Technology Inc.
- Seoul Viosys Co. Ltd.
Other Prominent Vendors
- Cree Inc.
- Dot Metrics Technologies Inc.
- Dowa Electronics Material Co. Ltd.
- Luminus Devices Inc.
- Nitride Semiconductors Co. Ltd.
Key Market Driver
- Increasing Adoption of UV LEDs in the Global UV Curing Market
Key Market Challenge
- High Cost of Substrates
Key Market Trend
- Transition from UV Lamps to UV LEDs
Key Questions Answered in this Report
- What will the market size be in 2018 and what will the growth rate be?
- What are the key market trends?
- What is driving this market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in this market space?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the key vendors?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of the key vendors?
For more Information on the report, inquire at http://www.sandlerresearch.org/inquire-before-buying?rname=21223 .
Sandlerresearch.org (http://www.sandlerresearch.org/) is an online market research store for research reports on multiple industries. These reports provide market analysis, trends and opportunities and forecast about industries that helps to make a right decision for the business.