Proppants are small-sized particles used to prevent the closing of fissures and fractures in a shale rock once it has been hydro-fractured. Two popular types of proppants are grains of silica sand (raw or resin-coated) and man-made (engineered) based on ceramic. The selection criteria of proppants depend on many factors because they have to pass through high pressures, temperatures, and fluids such as water (fresh and salt), oil, and gas. The most popular proppant selection factors are size, shape, strength, and density. Typical proppant sizes are between 8 and 140 mesh, i.e., 106 µm-2.36 mm. The proppant shape is important because it influence the final permeability through the fracture.
The analysts forecast global proppants market to grow at a CAGR of 10.58% over the period 2014-2019.
Covered in this Report
This report covers the present scenario and the growth prospects of the global proppants market for 2015-2019. The report further provides data on the market based on the following:
- Product type (frac sand, resin-coated sand, and ceramic proppants)
- Geography (North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and ROW)
The report, Global Proppants Market 2015-2019, has been prepared based on an in-depth market analysis with inputs from various industry experts. The report includes a comprehensive discussion on the market, an extensive coverage on product types, and geography-based segmentation of proppants. The report provides comments on both the existing market landscape and the growth prospects in the coming years. The report further includes a discussion of the key vendors operating in this market.
- Carbo Ceramics
- JSC Borovichi Refractories Plant
- Mineração Curimbaba
- Preferred Sands
- Saint-Gobain Proppants
Inquire for more information @ http://www.sandlerresearch.org/inquire-before-buying?rname=43563
Other Prominent Vendors
- All Energy Sand
- Badger Mining
- Mississipi Sand
- US Silica
- Yixing Orient Petroleum Proppant
- Growing Energy Demand
- Reduction in International Crude Oil Prices
- Increase in Unconventional Method of Oil Extraction
Key Questions Answered in this Report
- What will the market size be in 2019 and what will the growth rate be?
- What are the key market trends?
- What is driving this market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in this market space?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the key vendors?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of the key vendors?
Sandlerresearch.org is an online market research store for research reports on multiple industries. These reports provide market analysis, trends and opportunities and forecast about industries that helps to make a right decision for the business.