Interactive Sessions with Michael Rooker, Frankie Muniz, Danny Trejo, Katie Cassidy, Cary Elwes, Penn Badgley, Costume Contests, ‘Critical Hit’ Concert Featured At Pennsylvania Convention Center
Philadelphia, May 4, 2015 - Q&A sessions with Stephen Amell (“Arrow”), Burt Reynolds (Smokey and the Bandit, Deliverance), Karl Urban (Star Trek, The Lord of the Rings), Michael Rooker (Guardians of the Galaxy), Frankie Muniz (“Malcom in the Middle,” Agent Cody Banks), Danny Trejo (Machete, From Dusk Till Dawn), Katie Cassidy (“Gossip Girl,” “Arrow), Cary Elwes (The Princess Bride, Robin Hood: Men in Tights), Penn Badgley (“Gossip Girl”) and other top celebrities, a screening of the M. Night Shyamalan thriller “Wayward Pines,” a concert by videogame tribute band “Critical Hit,” costume contests, and more are among the programming panels scheduled at Wizard World Comic Con Philadelphia, Friday through Sunday at the Pennsylvania Convention Center. Most programming is included as part of the standard event admission.
Some highlights of the more than 120 panels scheduled include:
● Interactive Q&As with Urban (Sunday, 11 a.m.), Amell (Saturday, 3:30 p.m.), Rooker (TBD), Reynolds (Saturday, 4:30 p.m.), Muniz (Saturday, 5:30 p.m.), Trejo (Saturday, 4:30 p.m.), Cassidy (Saturday, 1:30 p.m), Badgley (Saturday, 2 p.m.) Adrian Paul (Friday, 3 p.m.), Kelly Frye (Saturday, 1 p.m.), Keshia Knight Pulliam (Saturday, 2 p.m.), and others
● Dual Q&A sessions with “Serenity/Firefly tandem Nathan Fillion and Summer Glau (Saturday, 11:30 a.m.) and “Doctor Who” duo David Tennant and Billie Piper (Saturday, 10:30 a.m., *paid event)
● Q&A with suspenseful storyteller M. Night Shyamalan and screening of “Wayward Pines” premiere episode (Thursday, 6:30 p.m.)
● Sports-themed panels with Philadelphia Eagles’ Mychal Kendricks (Saturday, 2:30 p.m.) and former Philadelphia 76ers Allen Iverson (Saturday, 3:30 p.m.)
● CONtv Presents: Green Power Ranger Jason David Frank’s “My Morphing Life” (Saturday, 4 p.m.)
● Go behind the voices with Nintendo’s Charles Martinet and “Attack on Titan’s” Matthew Mercer (Friday, 5 p.m.) Then join Mercer for a Meet & Greet at 6 p.m. (Free Event)
● World Of Warcraft Composer Jason Hayes and his video game tribute band ‘Critical Hit’ perform original arrangements and electrifying live concerts of music from the most celebrated videogames of all time (Saturday, 6 p.m.)
● Step into the ring with WWE® Superstars Dolph Ziggler™ (Friday, 7 p.m.), Roman Reigns™ (Thursday, 7 p.m.), and Diva Paige™ (Sunday, 2:30 p.m.)
● Costume contests for adults (Saturday, 7 p.m.) and kids (Sunday, 3 p.m.), plus cosplay-themed sessions with Wizard World personality Damian Beurer and others
● Storytelling with groundbreaking storyteller Michael Golden (Saturday, 11:30 a.m.) among dozens of comics-themed sessions
● Meet-and-greet with Jason David Frank (Saturday, 5 p.m.) (Paid event)
Unless noted, programming events take place in the designated General Programming Rooms at the Pennsylvania Convention Center. VIP tickets or additional costs may apply to ensure access to select activities, as noted. (*Note: Frank Meet & Greet, Piper and Tennant Meet & Greet requires a separate ticket.)
A full list of Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con programming is available at http://wizd.me/PRProgrammingPhiladelphia (subjects, guests, times and rooms subject to change).
Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con is the 10th of 27 events currently scheduled in the 2015 series produced by Wizard World, Inc. (OTCBB: WIZD). For more on the event, visit http://wizd.me/PhiladelphiaPR.
About Wizard World (OTCBB: WIZD):
Wizard World, Inc. (http://www.wizd.me/PR) produces Comic Cons and pop culture conventions across North America that celebrate the best in pop-fi, pop culture, movies, television, cosplay, comics, graphic novels, toys, video gaming, sci-fi, gaming, original art, collectibles, contests and more. A first-class lineup of topical programming takes place at each event, with celebrity Q&A's, comics-themed sessions, costume contests, movie screenings, evening parties and more. Wizard World has also launched CONtv, a digital media channel in partnership with leading independent content distributor Cinedigm™ (NASDAQ: CIDM), and ComicConBox™, a premium subscription-based monthly box service. Fans can interact with Wizard World on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and other social media services.
Jerry Milani, Wizard World, 646-512-5022, email@example.com
Abby Ferguson, Wizard World, 310-648-8410, firstname.lastname@example.orgJim DeLorenzo, Jim DeLorenzo Public Relations, 215-266-5943, email@example.com