MarketReportsOnline.com adds "Supermarket Price Wars: A response to the rise of discount retailers" report to its research store.
Grocery retail in the UK is dominated by four competitors. Recently there has been a surge of popularity in discount retailers, Aldi and Lidl, who are being seen as a threat to the 'big four' supermarkets. The big four are attempting to fend off this competition with price wars. This case study examines the structure of the UK market, the rise of Aldi and Lidl, and the response of the big four.
Features and benefits
- This case study details the development of the food and grocery retail market in the UK, and examines the structure of the market over time.
- This case study looks at the rise of Aldi and Lidl in the market, and the impact they are having on the big four supermarket chains.
- This case study looks at the response of the big four to the rise of Aldi and Lidl, and examines how price wars are impacting their businesses.
Complete report available at http://www.marketreportsonline.com/404960.html.
Grocery retailers in the UK have been experiencing the effects of a noticeable shift in consumer behavior. The recession, and the accompanying squeeze on incomes, has led to many consumers becoming shrewd in their purchases and increasingly searching out the cheapest option. This has led to a climate in which discounters have been able to thrive.
The impact of the rise of Aldi and Lidl in the UK is evident. The market shares of the big four are declining, and they are facing struggling UK sales. Share prices have also taken a hit.
The big four supermarkets have responded by cutting prices. Traditional price wars have tended to be beneficial to the dominant companies, with price cuts on certain products being offset by price increases on other merchandise. However, there is evidence that this most recent round of price cutting and price matching is creating a true price war.
Purchase a copy of this research report at USD 495 (Single User License) http://www.marketreportsonline.com/contacts/purchase.php?name=404960.
Your key questions answered
- How has the structure of the UK grocery retail market changed over the years?
- What impact has the recession had on the structure of the market?
- What market conditions have led to discounters being able to thrive?
- What impact is the growth of Aldi and Lidl having on the dominant companies in this market?
- How are the dominant companies responding to the increased competition from discounters?
Explore more reports on Consumer Goods Market at http://www.marketreportsonline.com/cat/consumer-goods-market-research.html.
MarketReportsOnline comprises of an online library of 2,50,000 reports and in-depth market research studies of over 5000+ micro markets. We provide 24/7 online and offline support to our customers. Get in touch with us for your needs of market research reports.
TX, Dallas North - Dominion Plaza,
17304, Preston Road,
Suite 800, Dallas 75252.
Tel: + 1 888 391 5441