Epilepsy is a brain disorder characterized by spontaneously occurring and recurrent seizures. The market is heavily driven by the sales of antiepileptic drugs (AEDs) targeted at seizure reduction. The AED market is currently dominated by UCB’s Keppra and GlaxoSmithKline’s Lamictal. Although both drugs have experienced significant generic erosion, they form the mainstay of epilepsy treatment in the nine markets and will continue to have significant market share during the forecast period. Other key drugs include older generation AEDs such as Pfizer’s Dilantin, Abbott’s Depakote, and Novartis’ Tegretol and Trileptal which still have significant usage due to their longevity in the market. However, the AED dominance landscape will continue to shift towards newer generation drugs particularly following the recent market entry of GlaxoSmithKline’s Trobalt/Potiga and Eisai’s Fycompa which both offer first-in-class mechanisms of action.
Key Questions Answered
- - Even with more than 20 AEDs on the market, there are still ~20% refractory patients. Additional unmet needs still exists in terms of safety and efficacy. Will the drugs under development fulfil the unmet needs of the epilepsy market?
- - Several brands of AEDs are due for patent expiry. How will the patent expiries impact the epilepsy therapeutics market?
- - The developmental pipeline consists of several novel drugs. Which of these drugs will attain high sales revenues during 2012-2022?
- - What governmental changes are likely to change the epilepsy treatment landscape in the markets researched? Which is the biggest growth market globally?
- - New market entrants particularly Fycompa, Trobalt/Potiga and brivaracetam will increase competitiveness and cannibalize sales of existing AEDs.
- - Drivers for market growth will include the introduction of the newer epilepsy drugs into the Asian market, particularly in Japan.
- - Government cost-cutting measures will negatively impact epilepsy drug market in the EU
- - Overview of epilepsy, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines.
- - Annualized epilepsy therapeutics market revenue, annual cost of therapy and treatment usage pattern data from 2012 and forecast for ten years to 2022.
- - Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, clinical trial mapping and implications for the epilepsy therapeutics market.
- - Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging trends and mechanisms of action under development, including ion channel modulators, GABA modulators, glutamate receptor antagonists, inflammation inhibitors, synaptic and gap junction blockers, sigma receptor agonists and acetylcholine modulators.
- - Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global epilepsy therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Purchase a copy of this report @ http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/contacts/purchase?rname=214308 .
Reasons to buy
- - Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- - Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global epilepsy therapeutics market.
- - Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global epilepsy therapeutics market in future.
- - Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- - Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- - Track drug sales in the global epilepsy therapeutics market from 2012-2022.
- - Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.