The Cards and Payments Industry in Hong Kong: Emerging Trends and Opportunities to 2019 is a new market research publication announced by Reportstack. This report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights into Hong Kong cards and payments industry, including:
- Current and forecast values for each market in Hong Kong cards and payments industry, including debit card, credit and charge cards. It also includes detailed analysis of the prepaid card market.
- Detailed insights into payment instruments including credit transfers, cash transactions, checks, direct debits and payment cards. It also, includes an overview of the country's key alternative payment instruments.
- E-commerce market analysis.
- Analysis of various market drivers and regulations governing Hong Kong cards and payments industry.
- Detailed analysis of strategies adopted by banks and other institutions to market debit, credit and charge cards.
- Comprehensive analysis of consumer attitudes and buying preferences for cards.
- The competitive landscape of Hong Kong cards and payments industry.
To access full report with TOC, please visit The Cards and Payments Industry in Hong Kong: Emerging Trends and Opportunities to 2019.
- This report provides a comprehensive analysis of Hong Kong cards and payments industry.
- It provides current values for Hong Kong cards and payments industry for 2014, and forecast figures to 2019.
- It details the different demographic, economic, infrastructural and business drivers affecting Hong Kong cards and payments industry.
- It outlines the current regulatory framework in the industry.
- It details marketing strategies used by various banks and other institutions.
Reasons to Buy
- Make strategic business decisions, using top-level historic and forecast market data, related to Hong Kong cards and payments industry and each market within it.
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities in Hong Kong cards and payments industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in Hong Kong cards and payments industry.
- Gain insights into marketing strategies used for various card types in Hong Kong.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing Hong Kong cards and payments industry.
- To capitalize on the increasing cross-border trade between Hong Kong and mainland China, and cater to the fast-growing Chinese population working and studying in Hong Kong, banks are issuing multiple-currency payment cards. For instance, Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC), in collaboration with UnionPay, launched the ICBC UnionPay Dual Currency Platinum Card in July 2015. This card comes with UnionPayâ€™s QuickPass service, which enables cardholders to make payments by tapping the card across 5 million QuickPass terminals worldwide. While Hong Kong-based and overseas expenses are settled in the local currency, expenses made in mainland China are settled in the Chinese currency. Similarly, Banco Nacional Ultramarino partnered with UnionPay to introduce a triple currency credit card in August 2015, which can be used in Hong Kong, mainland China and Macau.
- The uptake of alternative payments among Hong Kong consumers is gaining traction with the emergence of number of alternative payment instruments, such as MasterPass â€“ a digital wallet introduced by MasterCard in July 2015. MasterPass enables customers to make online payments with an enrolled payment card using a mobile phone, and customers are not required to disclose card details with every purchase. Consumers can set up a MasterPass account by visiting MasterCardâ€™s website, and signing up with a participating bank such as Bank of East Asia, China Construction Bank, Dah Sing Bank and DBS Bank.
HSBC Standard Chartered Bank of China Citibank DBS Bank EPS Visa MasterCard American Express Diners Club
Manager - Marketing
Reportstack Market Research