1. Stay warmer with better sweat management
With winter in full swing, staying warm, yet comfortable as you work up a sweat can make or break any run.
Pearl Izumi makes temperature control on the trail easy with their essential layers for winter running that feature reflectivity for enhanced visibility on short winter days.
2. Stay safer on shorter days with enhanced visibility
3. Snow and ice require better tractionThe Yaktrax RUN is the only traction device anatomically designed to meet the needs of runners braving the winter elements. Run naturally on packed snow and ice with the Yaktrax Run's combination of removable spikes and steel coils, providing 360° of unbeatable traction, along with a reflective heel tab and performance strap for improved visibility and safety. Continue your training during the winter with the same stability you are accustomed to on dry surfaces.
4. Colder, drier air dehydrates you quicker
Keep hydrated on the trail this winter with VAPUR's flexible, lightweight water bottles. Don't be fooled by the cool temperatures, staying hydrated and healthy keeps your body healthy and on the trail longer.
The Element is flexible (easy-to-pack), 85% lighter than a rigid bottle (easy-to-carry), and folds/rolls when empty (easy to store). It come in a high-capacity 1 liter size and is BPA free, dishwasher safe, made in the USA and freezable.
5. Snowy, uneven surfaces require more foot support
Snow and ice can make any running surface far more technical so the right shoes will help provide the support needed. SCARPA's new Global Alpine Running collection is designed with well-balanced features to tackle the varied terrain and conditions found on any wintery trail run. The line offers three different levels of cushioning, trail protection, weight and support - keeping feet warm, dry and protected on the trail.
Neutron – An everyday trail shoe that tackles everything from training to racing, the SCARPA Neutron combines wide fit appeal, medium cushioning and superb traction with minimal weight at 9.7 ounces per shoe.
Proton – SCARPA’s most stable running platform, the Proton combines great lateral control with a more cushioned 21 to 11 heel to forefoot drop. The Proton is a great choice when stability and shock absorption are the goal. And possibly one of your best options for winter conditions is the Gore-Tex protected Proton GTX, providing breathability while keeping your feet dry.
Atom – At 8.8 ounces per shoe with a more minimal midsole and drop, the SCARPA Atom is the choice for race day or any time when cutting weight makes all the difference.