Glenwood Springs, Colorado is an outdoor paradise. Be prepared for fun of all varieties by bringing these essential shoes along on your next trip to the hot springs, river and mountain town!
- Hiking boots or shoes. Options for hiking are many in Glenwood Springs. Hanging Lake Trail, Doc Holliday’s Memorial and Red Mountain are just a few of the trails you’ll benefit from wearing rugged-soled footwear.
- Flip Flops. Whether you’re trekking around the decks at the Glenwood Hot Springs Pool or the soon to open Iron Mountain Hot Springs, a pair of non-skid flip flops will help you navigate over sun-baked decking and parking pavement, wet surfaces and slippery locker room floors.
- Water sandals or booties. Rafting season is just around the corner; protect tender tootsies from colliding with rocks by wearing either strappy sandals that stay put or neoprene booties.
- Cycling shoes. There are miles of biking trails to ride in Glenwood Springs. Try the 44-mile Rio Grande Trail or the Glenwood Canyon Trail for hard-surface cycling. Off-road enthusiasts can pedal the rugged Jeanne Golay or Boy Scout trails. Whatever your preference, remember to bring your favorite cycling shoes.
- Sneakers. These all-purpose, all-terrain basics will serve you well as you gallivant all over town including touring the Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park!
Going out shoes. As a low-key, casual destination, these shoes are entirely optional. After a day on the rivers or in the mountains, slip into something dressier for dinner and explore the lively dining scene.
These shoes will get you through nearly any Glenwood Springs adventure, find out more about where to stay and play in Glenwood Springs at www.visitglenwood.com.
ABOUT GLENWOOD SPRINGS:
For more information and to book reservations please visit www.visitglenwood.com; 888-445-3696. Glenwood Springs is located between Aspen and Vail, Colorado, 160 miles (257 kilometers) west of Denver or 90 miles (145 kilometers) east of Grand Junction on Interstate 70 off exit 116.
An online press kit is available at www.visitglenwood.com/press-kit, press releases at www.visitglenwood.com/glenwood-springs-press-releases and photos are at www.visitglenwood.com/photos. B-roll video footage is available upon request.
Lisa Langer, Vice President of Tourism Marketing
Glenwood Springs Chamber Resort Association
Vicky Nash, Media Relations Representative
Resort Trends, Inc.