A Sunday Mother’s Day brunch will also be offered on Sunday, May 10; All menu items feature responsibly sourced ingredients dishes with German influence
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (May 1, 2015) – Affäre is celebrating Mother’s Day with a special three-course pre fixe dinner menu on Saturday, May 9 and additions to its regular brunch menu on Sunday, May 10. The two menus reflect Executive Chef Martin Hauser’s German heritage and Affäre’s commitment to serving responsibly sourced meats, vegetables and other foods and ingredients.
Both menus include a spring-run Columbia River Salmon, regarded as one of the highest quality breeds because of the fish’s high oil content of nearly 22 percent – double that of the more common Atlantic Salmon. The menus also feature Merino lamb, a naturally leaner lamb from the alpine regions of New Zealand.
Reservations for Mother’s Day events are available by calling 816-298-6182 or visiting AffareKC.com.
Saturday, May 9:
Mother’s Day dinner offered from 5 – 11 p.m. $54
- Mixed artisan greens: Linda’s forage herbs, dandelion vinaigrette, edible dirt, candy-striped beets, Morel tempura, asparagus essence and woodruff biscuit cracker.
Second course (choose one)
- Columbia River King Salmon: maple glaze ramp aioli, Fiddlehead fern and smoked octopus risotto
- Braised Merino Lamb Shank: red wine reduction, fingerling carrots, green French beans and Kartoffelplätzchen
- Strawberry trio: Bavarian mousse, Napoleon, strawberry essence and Affäre woodruff Riesling sorbet. Coffee or tea service featuring local City Market Coffee Roasters and Hugo Tea Company.
Sunday, May 10:
Mother’s Day brunch custom dishes, offered 10 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- White asparagus soup: parsley foam
- Half-pound white asparagus: drawn butter and poached egg
- Warm asparagus-morel quiche: Nettle sauce and side salad
- Columbia River King Salmon: maple glaze, ramp aioli, Fiddlehead fern, octopus risotto
- Braised lamb shank: green beans, baby carrots and Kartoffelplätzchen
Mother’s Day specials join Affäre’s regular brunch offerings featuring German breakfast and lunch items blended with American classics.
Located in the heart of the Crossroads Arts District, Affäre is Kansas City home for authentic contemporary German cuisine. Owned and operated by Germany-natives Martin and Katrin Heuser, the restaurant features a lunch, dinner, Sunday brunch and full bar with authentic German beers on tap. Martin leads the kitchen combining experience working in his family’s centuries-old inn in Germany and classical chef training to create a contemporary menu unmatched in the area. Katrin, a certified sommelier, operates the restaurant’s wine program and also manages the restaurant’s operations. The restaurant is open Tues.-Thurs. 11:15 a.m. – 10 p.m., Fri. 11:15 a.m. – 11 p.m., Sat. 5-11 p.m. and Sun. 10 a.m.-2:30 p.m. During the Kansas City streetcar construction, Affäre is closed on Mondays. Visit Affäre online at AffareKC.com.