NEW YORK, August 4, 2014 – DigitasLBi, a global marketing and technology company, announced today the hire of Emilie Vasu as VP/Group Director of Business Development and Marketing, North America. Vasu will report directly to Kenneth Parks, Chief Marketing Officer, beginning September 8. She will be based in New York.
“Emilie is a highly motivated, collaborative professional with an exceptional track record discovering and growing new business and strengthening existing relationships. We’re thrilled to have her join our team,” says Parks.
Vasu arrives from JWT New York where she served as Director of Business Development, leading new business efforts for the agency’s flagship New York office and driving North American and global initiatives. During her time there, she prospected, pitched and won the Google Enterprise and PUMA accounts, and played a key role on the agency’s Global Growth Team, guiding global JWT new business strategies. She also served as the agency lead for JWT’s Google Art Copy & Code digital prototyping program, and pioneered the launch of a new internal content series to inspire the delivery and sell-through of bold, breakthrough creative.
Vasu joined JWT from independent San Francisco agency Venables Bell & Partners (VB&P), where she oversaw the successful 2009 launch of Intel’s “Sponsors of Tomorrow,” the chip-maker’s award-winning global campaign, as well as other key accounts including CLEAR, Odwalla, Pacific Gas & Electric, and eBay.
Prior to VB&P, Vasu was at Goodby Silverstein & Partners, where she managed the HP account, guiding the launch and global rollout of the integrated “The Computer is Personal Again” campaign; she also led the Frito-Lay Cheetos account, piloting the “Orange Underground” campaign that, alongside HP, made it to the Super Bowl. After her successful stint with Goodby, she joined Cutwater to run BNP Paribas and NVIDIA.
Vasu’s appointment follows a number of recent new business wins for DigitasLBi, including Memorial Sloan Kettering, PUMA, Univision, and Pitney Bowes.
• Born / Raised: Born in NYC, raised in Bedford, NY; London, England; and Greenwich, CT.
• If I wasn’t in advertising, I’d be: Living a bi-coastal life – running a vineyard in Sonoma, rowing in masters crew regattas, playing polo, practicing yoga, writing poetry, and singing hook in a band.
• Favorite part of my job: Working with passionate, collaborative, creative people.
• Go-to app: I'll admit it, Shazam.
• Management philosophy: Play up people’s signature strengths to inspire teamwork, innovation, confidence and goal-oriented problem solving