Reportstack has announced a new market research publication on PharmaPoint: Crohn's Disease - US Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022. The Crohn's disease (CD) market is currently very dynamic, with novel biologic therapies on the horizon. These compounds will challenge the current biologics in an attempt to dislodge the stronghold of the TNF inhibitors, as they aim to tap into the lucrative portion of the CD therapeutics market. If their promising safety and efficacy profiles translate to clinical practice once they enter the market, their launch will be to the detriment of the existing market leaders, Remicade (infliximab) and Humira (adalimumab).The loss of patent protection of the anti-TNF marketed brands will allow for the emergence of biosimilars, such as Hospira's Inflectra (infliximab) a Remicade biosimilar. Focusing on country dynamics, Canada and the emerging markets of China and India will also play a key role in driving growth in the long term, with each market forecast to post positive Compound Annual Growth Rates (CAGRs) from 2012 to 2022, primarily due to the anticipated strong uptake of Remicade over the forecast period.
Owing to a large pool of approximately 600,000 patients and the comparatively high cost of drug therapies for CD, the US was the largest CD market by value and volume in 2012, and will retain this position throughout 10-year forecast to 2022. New market players will emerge during the early years of the forecast period â€” namely, Takeda's Entyvio in 2014 and J&J's Stelara in 2015. Their launches will fuel further growth in the US CD market, albeit to the detriment of Remicade's and Humira's patient shares.
- Overview of Crohn's disease including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on the key drugs in the US including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for the top drugs in the US from 2012-2022.
- Analysis of the impact of key events as well the drivers and restraints affecting the US Crohn's disease market.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return.
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Crohn's disease..
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential.
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of drug performance.
- Obtain sales forecast for drugs from 2012-2022 in the US.
To view the table of contents and know more details please visit PharmaPoint: Crohn's Disease - US Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022 report.