IDAHO FALLS, IDAHO (June 16, 2016) – In an effort to keep anglers on the cutting edge of technology, RIO Products introduces a host of new lines, leaders and an instructional DVD for the 2017 season. Read about the new products below or see them at EFTTEX (booth B39) June 16-18 and IFTD (booth 427) July 13-15.
These two freshwater lines feature ConnectCore technology, AgentX and Extreme Slickness as well as front and rear loops.
· Who doesn’t want to fish a line with a name like InTouch Big Nasty? Designed to cast large and heavy flies with ease, this line features a short, powerful front taper that has no problem casting weighted streamers and large terrestrial patterns. It is heavier than the industry standard to load modern rods quickly. Available in WF6F through WF10F, the InTouch Big Nasty is the go-to line for anglers targeting big fish with big flies. Available August 2016 for $89.95.
· RIO’s InTouch Trout/Steelhead Indicator line is designed for anglers who like to fish indicator rigs with control at long range. The line features a powerful front taper that has no problem turning over indicators and a long body and back taper for stability at range. Available in WF4F-WF8F, this line is available in August 2016 for a retail price of $89.95.
For anglers with salty pursuits in mind:
· RIO’s new Coastal QuickShooter features a clear intermediate head specifically designed for anglers fishing off the coast in cooler conditions. The short front taper has no problem turning over large baitfish and shrimp patterns in typical coastal winds, and the short, easy-casting head helps load the rod quickly at close range. Available in WF5I-WF8I. In addition, a powerful Coastal QuickShooter XP (Extra Powerful) version with a heavily weighted head, and an aggressive front taper is perfect for casting large flies, and ideal for the striped bass angler. This line is available in WF8I-WF10I sizes, and all lines are available August 2016 for $79.95.
· Anglers looking to target big Gulf reds in cooler conditions now have the Winter Redfish line. This line features a short, powerful front taper that has no problem turning over large mullet and baitfish patterns, while the short, easy-casting head ensures the line loads up at close range. Its supple core and coating will not tangle in cooler conditions. Available in WF8F through WF10F, this line will retail for $89.95 in August 2016.
· Chasing saltwater species such as bonefish, permit, and tarpon can be a matter of having the right leader material or losing a fish. RIO’s new Saltwater Mono allows anglers looking to build their own leaders a material that has great strength-to-diameter ratio and ample abrasion resistance for just such pursuits. It lacks memory and provides impressive knot-ability. Available in size 8lb through 60lb, there is an appropriate diameter for any leader’s butt section and taper all the way to the fly. Available August 2016 for $8.95.
Designed for the two-handed caster:
· Two-handed casters fishing mid-sized rivers with rods between 13-14 feet now have a go-to line with RIO’s InTouch Mid Head Spey. The rear weighted design loads rods easily and ensures effortless, efficient casts, while the mid-length head offers control at distance and easy mending. This line comes in 6/7 – 10/11F or 520 grains through 785 grains and will be available in August 2016 for $99.95.
· RIO’s Powerflex Max Shooting Line is designed for anglers using Skagit or Scandi style shooting heads. It features a tough outer coating over a medium-stiff Powerflex core that shoots with exceptional ease for ultra-long casts. It also has increased durability and a refreshing tangle-free performance with each cast. The line’s ultra-slick coating floats high on the surface creating reduced drag and making it easy to shoot. This line has welded loops on each end to speed up rigging and comes in .024”, .030”, .035” and .040” sizes in 100 foot lengths for a retail price of $49.95. Available August 2016.
For every angler:
· With the successful release of nearly 30 knot videos, anglers can now own this handy reference tool with RIO’s Favorite Fly Fishing Knots DVD. The videos include fly to leader knots, leader to tippet knots, loop knots plus many more. Each knot is tied in thick, highly visible materials against a contrasting background to make it easy to see the detail of each knot tied. Each relevant knot is tied in 10lb tippet material and then tested until it breaks so anglers can have a better understanding of the breakage rating of each knot. MSRP: $19.95.
About RIO Products:
RIO is a pioneer in developing fly lines, leaders and tippet material to enhance fly fishing experiences across the globe. Offering premium fly lines for both freshwater and saltwater fishing applications, RIO consistently utilizes field experience and scientific testing to create the best products on the market for anglers. Founded 20 years ago in the mountains of Idaho, RIO continues to develop innovative products, design revolutionary tapers and refine performance-driven fly line technologies. For more information about RIO Products, please visit www.rioproducts.com. Connect with us through Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google+ and Vimeo.