CAD/CAM Technology has been used for decades in the manufacturing industries to produce precision tools, parts and automobiles; recently the CAD/CAM Technology and metal-free materials are used in the field of Dentistry to provide patients with milled ceramic crowns,on lays, inlays, veneers and bridges. Dental CAD/CAM also is used to replace missing teeth.
Mechanical engineering is an interdisciplinary field that applies the principles of engineering, physics, and materials science for the analysis , design, manufacturing and maintenance of mechanical systems.
In this article we shall discuss the SOLIDWORKS 3D Design Software which is simple and yet powerful…. enabling any company to materialize its vision to life and reign the global markets. More than 2 million engineers and designers, worldwide use SOLIDWORKS to give life to their designs …… from the coolest gadgets to innovative for a better morrow.
SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD software enables you to quickly transform novel ideas into great products
3D CAD software delivers powerful design functionality with the intuitive SOLIDWORKS user interface to speed up design process and making you instantly productive
Gain peed with SOLIDWORKS and unbolt the benefits of this powerful 3D design solution for rapidly creating parts, assemblies, and 2D sketches. Application-specific tools for sheet metal, surfacing, weldments and mold tool and make it easy to deliver best-in-class design.
Trust of millions, the product is currently used by over three million designers and engineers at more than 245,000 companies worldwide.
In addition to eDrawings: a collaboration tool, and DraftSight: a 2D CAD product. Currently there are several versions of SOLIDWORKS.
SOLIDWORKS 2016 3D CAD comes in 3 packages :
How the three are different ? When to upgrade them?
There are many important factors but here mention some special functionalities and whether up gradation is required to streamline your design processes.
Full functionality of SOLIDWORKS’ core 3D design capabilities.
Allows rapid creation of parts, assemblies and 2D sketches.
Includes some FEA capability to perform static and stress analysis.
SOLIDWORKS Professional: It has all the power of SOLIDWORKS Standard but with additional capabilities:
- Extensive CAD libraries
- SOLIDWORKS Costings
- eDrawings Professional
- PhotoView 360
SOLIDWORKS Professional will increase your productivity, ensuring more accuracy and helps you to communicate design information more effectively.
SOLIDWORKS Premium: We list the additional features:
- Advanced FEA simulation capabilities that helps perform static, stress and motion analyses.
- A routing feature for tooling and harnessing, including support for rectangular ducting and cable trays
- CircuitWorks, to create enclosures for circuit boards Automated Tolerance Stack-Up Analyst (Tol Analyst) to determine sizing allowances
- Pretty easy to learn and easy to use
- Customizable to fit experience and expertise
- Wizards, diagnostics tools and experts take the complexity out of CAD, and the powerful modeling tools make it easy to create the required complex forms
- Sketches get updated automatically in the 3D CAD model
- Powerful modeling tools produce sophisticated, beautiful forms with proper differentiation of products in today’s competitive market
- Copy, mirror and pattern geometry tools, automate repetitive designs and development tasks
- Quick and easy creation of design variations from a single model
- View, rotate and even fly-through complex assembly designs for more clarity
- Check interferences, clearances and alignment throughout the entire range of motion
- Intelligent libraries of reusable parts which include intelligent fasteners that assemble themselves automatically
- SOLIDWORKS Large Design Review will quickly open, navigate, walk-through, measure, section and create snapshot views of massive assemblies, adding annotations as you go
- Creates detailed 2D drawings that are automatically linked with the 3D model. Along with modified 3D model there is also an up-gradation in the 2D drawing ensuring all updated views and scaled drawings.
- Standard templates and automated drawing checks streamline common design checking tasks. Automated creation of balloons , annotations and bills of material (BOMS), with expert tools for dimensioning and tolerance