The Bahraini construction industry increased in value at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.68% during the review period (2009−2013). This growth was supported by public investments in the infrastructure and residential markets, which are expected to be the main growth drivers over the forecast period (2014−2018). The industry is projected to record a forecast-period CAGR of 8.59%. Industry expansion will also be driven by a population increase, government initiatives to support the growth of high value-add projects, and an expected revival in investor confidence.
This report provides detailed market analysis, information and insights into the Bahraini construction industry including:
- The Bahraini construction industry's growth prospects by market, project type and type of construction activity
- Analysis of equipment, material and service costs across each project type within Bahrain
- Critical insight into the impact of industry trends and issues, and the risks and opportunities they present to participants in the Bahraini construction industry
- Analyzing the profiles of the leading operators in the Bahraini construction industry
- Data highlights of the largest construction projects in Bahrain
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the construction industry in Bahrain. It provides:
- Historical (2009-2013) and forecast (2014-2018) valuations of the construction industry in Bahrain using construction output and value-add methods
- Segmentation by sector (commercial, industrial, infrastructure, institutional and residential) and by project type
- Breakdown of values within each project type, by type of activity (new construction, repair and maintenance, refurbishment and demolition) and by type of cost (materials, equipment and services)
- Analysis of key construction industry issues, including regulation, cost management, funding and pricing
- Detailed profiles of the leading construction companies in Bahrain
Reasons To Buy
- Identify and evaluate market opportunities using our standardized valuation and forecasting methodologies
- Assess market growth potential at a micro-level with over 600 time-series data forecasts
- Understand the latest industry and market trends
- Formulate and validate business strategies using Timetric's critical and actionable insight
- Assess business risks, including cost, regulatory and competitive pressures
- Evaluate competitive risk and success factors
Know more about this report at: http://mrr.cm/Z3E
The construction industry in Bahrain is in a stage of recovery after struggling from the lows of 2008–2009 financial crisis and political unrest since 2011. According to the Central Informatics Organization (CIO), in the third quarter of 2013 the Bahraini construction industry’s contribution to GDP accounted for 6.3%. The industry is expected to value BHD3.4 billion (US$8.8 billion) in 2018, with growth largely supported by heavy investments in infrastructure and housing projects. A number of other major projects are either in the planning stage or under construction, such as the Gulf rail line development, airport expansion plans, infrastructure for three new cities, investment in power and water projects, a public transport network due in 2030, and a new state-of-the-art exhibition center.
Construction growth will also be driven by the Bahrain Economic Vision 2030, through which the country is looking to become a developed nation by diversifying its economy, achieving sustainable development and providing a high standard of living for its population. The Economic Development Board (EDB) has initiated a program to formulate the first national economic strategy. To accomplish this, both public and private funds will be required to maintain and develop infrastructure. In January 2014, the government also announced plans to spend BHD835.5 million (US$2.2 billion) to enhance power facilities. This project will be a part of a BHD3.8 billion (US$10.0 billion) Gulf Corporation Council (GCC) fund allocated for the improvement of infrastructure.
To diversify its economy from oil, the government is actively pursuing its Economic Vision 2030 which marks industrialization, diversification and privatization as growth opportunities. The government is making efforts to attract foreign investors and increase the participation of private investors in other economic sectors than oil. Efforts to diversify the economy will create opportunities for the construction industry.
Bahrain is a part of a large rail network development plan covering countries in the GCC. The 2,177km network will stretch from Kuwait to Oman. The BHD9.5 billion (US$25.0 billion) project will link Kuwait City, Dammam in Saudi Arabia, Manama in Bahrain, Doha in Qatar, Abu Dhabi and Al Ain in the UAE, and Sohar in Oman. Construction is likely to start in 2014 and is expected to be complete in 2018. The project also comprises the construction of a causeway linking Saudi Arabia and Bahrain, boosting intra-regional trade through freight and passenger travel.
In its 2013 draft budget, the government proposed the allocation of 10.6% of its total capital expenditure, valuing BHD114.8 million (US$302.3 million) towards social projects. It includes the development of housing, healthcare, educational and vocational training and social welfare projects.
In the third quarter of 2013, the housing ministry allocated BHD3.0 billion (US$8.0 billion) towards the construction of new housing. It includes the construction of the first phase of the Durrat Marina, the second phase of the Wahat Al Muharraq and a new 128 villa project at Durrat Al Areen. The residential market in Bahrain will, therefore, record an increase in the number of housing projects over the forecast period.
Find other Industry and Manufacturing Reports at : http://www.marketresearchreports.com/industry-manufacturing
Spanning Over 68 pages, 81 tables, 31 figures, “Construction in Bahrain - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018” report covering the Market Overview, Commercial Construction, Industrial Construction, Infrastructure Construction, Institutional Construction, Residential Construction, Company Profile: Nass Corporation BSC, Company Profile: The Ahmed Mansoor Al A’ali Group of Companies, Company Profile: Arabian Dredging Company WLL, Company Profile: Alwardi Group, Company Profile: Inovest BSC, Market Data Analysis, Appendix. The report covered 4 companies - Nass Corporation BSC, The Ahmed Mansoor Al A’ali Group, Arabian Dredging Company WLL, Alwardi Group, Inovest BSC
Find other reports on Bahrain Market at : http://www.marketresearchreports.com/countries/bahrain
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. is the world's leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.
For regular industry updates subscribe to our newsletter at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/subscribe-to-newsletter
Mr. Amitava Sen
General Manager - Sales & Marketing
Market Research Reports, Inc.
Tel USA: +1-302-703-7787
Tel India: +91-80-26860858
Follow us on LinkedIn : http://www.linkedin.com/company/market-research-reports-inc-
For latest market research presentations visit: http://www.marketresearchdocs.com
For latest market research videos visit: http://www.marketresearch.tv
Follow us on twitter: https://twitter.com/MyMarketReportsFollow us on Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/Market.Research.Report