- Set realistic goals. You're not going to skim off 10 pounds in a week, so just forget about it. Try for something more achievable. For example, increase your workout schedule from two to three days a week, or add 15 minutes to each workout.
- Don't push yourself too hard. Learn your limits and know when you've reached them. If you’re too tired or too sore from a workout, you’ll be less motivated to do it again.
- Mix it up. Try cross-training to keep your workouts interesting and to exercise different muscle groups. Switch from the elliptical to the stair climber or alternate between machines and free weights, but don't reinvent your entire routine every week; just shift it around a little.
- Be social. Meet a buddy for a weekly racquetball game, join a new fitness class, take turns spotting a friend in the weight room. Personal connections help you stay engaged and have fun.
- Make it work for you. Schedule workouts when they are convenient for you. Take a spin class first thing in the morning, swim laps at lunch, pump iron after work, or relax with yoga in the evening.
Find out more about Glenwood Hot Springs, the Spa of the Rockies and view the Athletic Club’s fitness schedule at www.hotspringspool.com.
About Glenwood Hot Springs
Glenwood Hot Springs is a 125-year-old Colorado landmark resort located along Interstate 70 at Glenwood Springs, approximately 165 miles west of Denver and 90 miles east of Grand Junction. Famous for its enormous hot springs pools, other amenities include the Spa of the Rockies, the Glenwood Hot Springs Lodge, an athletic club, a restaurant open for breakfast and lunch, a retail store specializing in swimwear and a miniature golf course, open seasonally. For more information, including press releases, a press kit, photos and a live web camera, please visit http://www.hotspringspool.com/misc/press-room or call 800-537-SWIM (7946) or 970-947-2955.
Jeremy Gilley, Director of Sales and Revenue
Glenwood Hot Springs/Spa of the Rockies
jgilley (at) hotspringspool (dot) com
Resort Trends, Inc. – media communications for the travel & tourism industry
pr (at) hotspringspool (dot) com