For Immediate Release
April 25, 2016
Bid on once-in-a-lifetime experiences including EDC Las Vegas backstage passes, an EDC Snap Chat Takeover, and ice cream with Pasquale Rotella
Auction begins Wednesday, April 27 at 12 p.m. PST at Ebay.com/Insomniac
Las Vegas, Nevada – Insomniac, in partnership with global e-commerce partner eBay For Charity, and dozens of additional Electric Daisy Carnival (EDC) Las Vegas partners, has released the first phase of auction items for the second annual “EDC Week Charity Auction.” Beginning on Wednesday, April 27 at noon (PST), the EDC Week Charity Auction will offer fans the chance to bid on incredible, once-in-a-lifetime experiences surrounding EDC Las Vegas – all to raise funds for local charity, The Shade Tree.
The first wave of auction items offers unprecedented access to North America’s largest dance music festival, returning to Las Vegas Motor Speedway June 17-19. Private backstage artist trailers, behind the scenes tours, backstage passes, intimate meet-and-greets, and more will be up for bidding starting Wednesday, April 27 at noon (PST) and closing Friday, May 6 at 12 a.m. (PST). The second phase of exclusive artist experiences will be released for bidding beginning on Monday, May 2 at noon (PST) through Thursday, May 12 at 12 a.m. (PST). During each phase of the auction, participants will have 10 days to bid. All auction items are accessible to bidders by visiting Ebay.com/Insomniac, with most bids starting at just $0.99.
The Shade Tree is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of women, children and their pets affected by domestic violence and crisis in the Las Vegas valley. With the money generated from this year’s EDC Week Charity Auction, Insomniac will help innovate and redesign The Shade Tree’s Children’s Activity Center (CAC), an arts and education space designed to inspire and encourage a positive and healthy atmosphere for the youth being served at the shelter.
“Being a recipient of the EDC Week Charity Auction will provide so many new opportunities for The Shade Tree,” said Marlene Richter, Executive Director of The Shade Tree. “We are beyond grateful to have been selected by Insomniac and are excited to have the opportunity to create a Children’s Activity Center that provides a safe, bright and inspiring atmosphere for the children to express themselves.”
Celebrating 20 years Under the Electric Sky, Insomniac and Las Vegas’ top businesses have curated a list of impressive auction items. Beginning Wednesday, April 27 at noon (PST), Headliners can bid on the first round of experiences including, but not limited to:
· I’ve Got the Golden Ticket!: This premier pass will grant the winner and their guest entry to up to 10 Insomniac festivals for the next year including Electric Forest 2016, EDC UK, Beyond Wonderland, EDC Orlando, Countdown and more.
· Be a Guest of Pasquale’s in His Private Cabana at EDC Las Vegas: Spend time with the man behind North America’s largest dance music festival, Pasquale Rotella, and enjoy EDC with the best view in the house. One winner and a friend will be personal guests of head night owl, Rotella, and enjoy exclusive seating in his private cabana overlooking kinecticFIELD.
· EDC Snap Chat Takeover: Calling all social media mavens! For one hour, one lucky winner will have the power to hold the reins to Insomniac’s Snap Chat account during EDC Las Vegas 2016.
· Private Backstage Trailer at EDC Las Vegas: Every VIP needs a personal trailer. One winner and a guest will enjoy the comfort of their own private trailer, provided by Star Wagons, in the Production/Artist Area from Thursday through Monday, 5 p.m.– 8 a.m.
· Drop the First Track at EDC Las Vegas: Every party has to start somewhere, and one fan will have the chance to kick off EDC Las Vegas by playing the opening track at the stage of their choice.
· Cut the Ribbon at EDC Las Vegas: Ever wanted to feel like the mayor of EDC? One winner will get to be the official ribbon cutter and mark the opening of EDC Las Vegas.
· Appear in an EDC Las Vegas Official Promotional Video: One auction winner will become an overnight celebrity when they guest star in an official EDC Las Vegas video.
· Two VIP Passes to EDC Las Vegas 2017: Nothing says VIP better than being the first VIP ticket holder to EDC Las Vegas 2017 – before tickets are even on sale.
· Weekend access to EDC Las Vegas Artist Area: Roll in style with the DJs of EDC Las Vegas and spend the three-day weekend with a friend in the exclusive artist area.
· Song Critique with Insomniac Records: Attention aspiring artists and producers! Bring an original track and sit down with an executive member of Insomniac Records for honest, constructive feedback from one of the most experienced faces of the electronic music industry.
· EDC Merch Guest Designer: Be a guest designer and see your very own merchandise concept come to life at EDC.
· Exclusive EDC Behind-the-Scenes Tour: Before the gates open, one winner will get to be the first Headliner to see EDC Las Vegas with a private tour from a member of the Insomniac production team.
· Funkdafied Freaks Photo Shoot: Work it! One Headliner and a friend will have exclusive photos taken with some of the incredible Insomniac performers.
· Take a Ride on an EDC Art Car at EDC Vegas 2016: Experience EDC through the eyes of the mobile party crew and win a ride throughout the festival grounds on one of EDC’s larger-than-life art cars.
· EDC Lighting and Sound Booth Tour: How does EDC create the visual effects for each stage? Hang out with one of EDC’s Experience Creators and get a behind-the-scenes look at what goes into the mind-blowing visual effects and cutting edge sounds that create EDC.
· Rock-Star Parking at EDC: Park close with a premium parking pass to the Artist Parking area.
· Backstage Passes to EDC Vegas: The winner and a guest will have the opportunity to go backstage and see what goes on behind-the-scenes and in front of the stage.
· Hang Out with Insomniac’s Head of Talent: Meet the man who works with the world’s top dance music acts and is responsible for booking all of the stages at EDC - Dave Ralph. Pick his brain about selecting Headliner’s favorite artists all while managing his own long career as a house and trance DJ.
· Ice Cream with Pasquale Rotella: Cool down and soak up the EDC atmosphere with lead night owl, Pasquale Rotella, while enjoying a sweet ice cream treat.
For additional information on The Shade Tree and the EDC Week Charity Auction, please visit www.ebay.com/insomniac.
In 2015, Insomniac launched the first-ever “EDC Week Charity Auction” in partnership with eBay For Charity and the leading companies in Las Vegas, which raised approximately $70,000 for local nonprofit Culture Shock Las Vegas.
To stay up-to-date on the latest news regarding EDC Las Vegas, head to
About eBay for Charity
eBay for Charity is a platform that enables members of the eBay community to donate to causes in the U.S. and abroad. Sellers can donate anywhere between 10-100 percent of the proceeds and buyers can add a donation to their purchase during checkout. To date, more than $650 million dollars have been raised on eBay for Charity, supporting more than 35,000 organizations.
About The Shade Tree
For over 26 years The Shade Tree, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, has been dedicated to improving the lives of women, children and their pets affected by domestic violence and crisis in the Las Vegas valley. As the only organization with an animal shelter on campus, named Noah’s Animal House, The Shade Tree brings families together with their pets and connects them with assistance and services. The Shade Tree is the largest shelter of its kind in Nevada and is the only 24-hour accessible shelter designed specifically to meet the needs of women and children in Southern Nevada. With 364 permanent beds, The Shade Tree provides over 6,500 women and children safe shelter each year. To learn more about how you can support The Shade Tree, please call (702) 385-0072 or visit www.theshadetree.org. For the latest news and events on The Shade Tree follow them at https://www.facebook.com/TheShadeTreeLV or Twitter @ShadeTreeVEGAS.
Insomniac produces some of the most innovative, immersive music festivals and events in the world. Enhanced by state-of-the-art lighting, pyrotechnics and sound design, large-scale art installations, theatrical performers and next-generation special effects, these events captivate the senses and inspire a unique level of fan interaction. The quality of the experience is the company’s top priority.
Throughout its 23-year history, Insomniac has produced more than 1,000 festivals, concerts and club nights for nearly 5 million attendees across three continents. Insomniac’s events are held in California, Florida, Michigan, Nevada, New York, the United Kingdom, Mexico and Brazil. The company’s premier annual event, Electric Daisy Carnival Las Vegas, is the largest multi-day music festival in North America, and attracted more than 400,000 fans over three days in June 2015.
The company was founded by Pasquale Rotella, and has been based in Los Angeles since it was formed in 1993.
Jaclyn Dadas / Terri Maruca / Lea Komitzky
Kirvin Doak Communications