Leading Industry Events on IPv6 and Internet Security Reach Sri Lanka, Trinidad;
Series to Culminate in San Francisco Bay Area
Washington, D.C. – February 2, 2015 – The Internet Society Deploy360 Programme today announced it will extend the discussion of emerging technology issues to more countries and promote technology dialogue at a local level through the addition of regions to its 2015 ION Conference Series. The 2015 series, sponsored by Afilias, is already underway and launched on January 18 in Kandy, Sri Lanka with ION Sri Lanka, paving the way for the next ION event, ION Trinidad and Tobago, which will take place in the Caribbean this week. The year’s series will conclude this fall in San Francisco, the site of the first ION Conference in 2010.
The ION Conference Series has a proven track record in bringing network engineers and industry experts together to discuss emerging Internet technologies including IPv6, DNSSEC and secure routing protocols. During the past five years, the Internet Society Deploy360 Programme has selected ION Conference locations specifically to connect with and support those regional Internet communities most in need of knowledge sharing and/or most important to the Internet’s growth. Since the first event in 2010, the Internet Society Deploy360 Programme has strategically located ION Conferences in thirteen cities across five continents.
Click here to view the full release: http://bit.ly/1voPHIU
Highlights & What's Next for the 2015 ION Conference Series:
- Presentations from ION Sri Lanka, addressing IPv6 (adoption, success stories, and next steps), DNSSEC (rationale and regional case study), transport security, operational best practices, and more.
- This week, for the first time, the Internet Society brings the ION Conference Series to the Caribbean. ION Trinidad and Tobago will take place on Feb 5. at the Hyatt Regency Trinidad, collocated with the Caribbean Telecommunications Union’s (CTU) 25th Anniversary ICT Week.
- The ION Conference Series will culminate in San Francisco in the fall, and will be collocated with an Internet Society INET Conference.
- A fourth region for 2015 is currently under consideration and will be announced later this year.
Watch the full live stream from ION Sri Lanka here.
Quotes from the Experts
“The Internet continues to drive nearly every sector of economic, political and social life,” said Chris Grundemann, Director of Deployment and Operationalization at the Internet Society. “Global adoption is no longer measured simply as an ever-growing percentage of the human population; the “Internet of Things” promises even greater reach. With billions of devices and individuals already connected to the Internet, the stakes have never been higher. Depletion of IPv4 addresses continues while security threats ramp up, with attacks now originating from more than 200 countries and breaches impacting individuals, businesses and governments alike. The ION Conference Series remains a leading venue for practitioners and experts to learn, network, and stay informed about Internet standards and technologies – such as IPv6, DNSSEC, secure BGP, anti-spoofing, TLS and more – that respond to and anticipate these trends and issues.”
“As the next generation Internet Protocol (IP) address standard, IPv6 is critical to the Internet’s continued growth as a platform for innovation and economic development. At the same time, DNSSEC and secure routing are critical to the Internet’s operations,” said Afilias EVP and CTO, Ram Mohan. “As two of the leading proponents of DNSSEC and IPv6 adoption worldwide, Afilias and the Internet Society are committed to promoting these standards, which are key to the continued growth and evolution of the Internet.”
Prepare Your Business Today for the Internet of Tomorrow:
- The Deploy360 Blog
- Fact Sheets on IPv6 and DNSSEC, available in six different languages
- Case studies on IPv6, DNSSEC, and Secure BGP
- Resources on IPv6 Address Planning and Deploying DNSSEC
- Tutorials on Making Content Available Over IPv6 and How to Secure and Sign Your Domain with DNSSEC Using Domain Registrars
Afilias' Three-Part Expert Blog Series:
- DNSSEC Adoption - A Status Report (Part One)
- DNSSEC Adoption - The Current Functionality Gap (Part Two)
- DNSSEC Adoption - A Five Day Hole in Online Security (Part Three)
Interested in Speaking, Sponsoring or Attending?
- To speak at an upcoming ION Conference and join a notable roster of industry leaders who have presented at past ION Conferences, please contact Anna Tate at Wireside Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For more information on sponsorship opportunities, please contact Megan Kruse, the Internet Society’s Technology Outreach Manager, at email@example.com.
- Please visit the Internet Society Deploy360 Programme's ION Conferences website for forthcoming conference details.
About the Internet Society
The Internet Society (http://www.internetsociety.org) is the trusted independent source for Internet information and thought leadership around the world. It is also the organizational home for the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF). With its principled vision, substantial technological foundation and its global presence, the Internet Society promotes open dialogue on Internet policy, technology, and future development among users, companies, governments, and other organizations. Working with its members and Chapters around the world, the Internet Society enables the continued evolution and growth of the Internet for everyone.