Alumni from Villanova, LaSalle, Temple, Penn, Philadelphia University & more Competing in Winner-Take-All $2 Million Tournament Returns to City of Brotherly Love for Two Exciting Weekends of Competition
Pennsylvania – June 29, 2016 – Media credential requests are now being
accepted for the two upcoming weekends of competition at Philadelphia
University in the $2 million winner-take-all 2016 edition of The Basketball Tournament presented by Jack
Link’s® Protein Snacks.
The Northeast Regional of The Basketball Tournament is set for Saturday and Sunday, July 16th and 17th at Philadelphia University’s Gallagher Center, with the Super 16 returning to Philadelphia University’s Gallagher Center Thursday, July 21st through Saturday, July 23rd.
Qualified members of the media should submit their applications in advance of this year’s competition in Philadelphia to Jim DeLorenzo, at Jim DeLorenzo Public Relations, by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed before approval is granted, and notification of that approval will be sent via e-mail to each qualified media applicant.
This is the third consecutive year that The Basketball Tournament will compete in Philadelphia, one of its original sites from the TBT’s start in 2014.
The NORTHEAST REGION of TBT 2016 (at Philadelphia University’s Gallagher Center on Saturday, July 16th and Sunday, July 17th) includes Philadelphia-based alumni teams from Villanova, Temple, and La Salle. Highlights include:
· SuperNova (Villanova Alumni) will consist of the core of the 2009 Wildcats Final Four team, including Antonio Pena, Scottie Reynolds, and Reggie Redding, as well as Corey Fisher, James Minor-Bell, and Mouphtaou Yarou.
· 20th & Olney (LaSalle Alumni) includes former Explorers Tyreek Duren, Rodney Green, Jerrell Wright, Steve Zack, Ramon Galloway and Steven Smith.
· North Broad Street Bullies (Temple Alumni) includes former Owls Juan Fernandez, Rahlir Hollis-Jefferson, Ramone Moore, Scottie Randall and Khalif Wyatt.
· Philadelphia natives Markus Morris and Markieff Morris lead the way for Team FOE with a heavy Kansas influence: Mario Little, and Tyshawn Taylor will suit up while Thomas Robinson mans the sidelines with the Morris twins.
· Former Syracuse players spanning 13 seasons will suit up for Boeheim’s Army (Syracuse Alumni) which includes CJ Fair, Donte Greene, and Eric Devendorf.
· The 2015 Northeast Regional Champs, City of Gods, will feature former New York Knicks Michael Sweetney and DerMarr Johnson and will be coached by former Washington Wizards coach and Baltimore player development legend Joe Connelly, brother of Denver Nuggets General Manager Tim Connelly, and Pat Connelly, Assistant General Manager of the Phoenix Suns.
Complete rosters of all teams playing at Philadelphia University in the Northeast Region of TBT 2016 are available at http://thetournament.com/teams?region=northeast.
More than 300 teams applied to play in TBT 2016, including more than 400 players with professional experience and 130 with NBA experience. A total of 135 teams met the eligibility requirements to compete this year. Opening rounds in TBT 2016 begin July 9-10 in Charlotte and Los Angeles, and continue July 16-17 in Chicago and Philadelphia. The Super 16 in TBT 2016 is in Philly July 21-23. The TBT 2016 semifinals and $2 million winner-take-all Championship Final are in New York July 30 and August 2, respectively. ESPN will feature live coverage of TBT 2016 match-ups from the Super 16 onward across ESPN 2, ESPN 3 and ESPN U.
About The Basketball Tournament:
Conceived by CEO Jonathan Mugar as the ultimate opportunity for fans, athletes and social media mavens to live out their dreams and chase once-in-a-lifetime opportunities, TBT’s foundation as a high-stakes, professionally run and organized sporting event, now sees it entering its third year. In its first two seasons, The Basketball Tournament drew over 400 team entries from around the country, with participants ranging from professional players and recent college stars to pickup basketball players and people who have never played above high school. Among the event’s advisors are Tony Ponturo of Ponturo Management Group, Andy Dolich of Dolich Consulting, and Len DeLuca of Len DeLuca & Associates, LLC. The partnership agreement was secured by TBT’s sponsorship agency of record, Equity Sports Partners, which is led by Cliff Kaplan. For more details, visit http://www.thetournament.com.
About Jack Link’s® Protein Snacks – Feed Your Wild Side™:
Jack Link’s is a global leader in protein snacks and the No. 1 meat snack manufacturer worldwide. Headquartered in Minong, Wis., Jack Link’s is a family-owned company that represents a heritage of quality and consumer trust, with the mission to Feed Your Wild Side. Jack Link’s offers more than 100 premium protein snacks in a variety of flavors, sizes and price points, appealing to nearly every consumer and occasion. Check out http://www.JackLinks.com for more information on the brand.
Philadelphia Media Contact: Jim DeLorenzo, Jim DeLorenzo Public Relations, 215-266-5943, email@example.com