What Are GE LED Lamps?
GE LED lamps are light-emitting diode lamps manufactured by General Electric. LED lamps last longer than traditional light bulbs and are more energy efficient. They also enjoy lifespan and efficiency advantages over fluorescent lamps, another popular energy efficient lighting source. LED lamp sales are expected to grow exponentially over the next decade, as advances in technology make these lamps less expensive and more widely available. Industry experts predict the current $2 billion LED lamp market will grow to $25 billion by 2023.
Why They’re Becoming More Popular
Growing public demand, as well as nudges by the federal government, are working together to make LED lamps more popular. The technology behind these lamps is improving, giving them increased reliability and longevity. Government regulations are slowly squeezing out less efficient lighting sources, leaving room only for high-efficiency lighting sources like LED lamps.
Advantages of LED Lamps
GE LED lamps have a number of advantages, including:
- Longevity – LED bulbs and diodes can last up to 100,000 hours . Homeowners who used an LED lamp for eight hours per day would have to wait 20 years before they needed to reduce the bulb under normal circumstances.
- Efficiency – Compared to incandescent light bulbs, LED lamps are 80 to 90 percent more energy efficient. This can translate to huge savings on electrical bills, particularly in homes and businesses that have significant lighting needs.
- No toxic chemicals – Unlike CFLs, LED lights contain no toxic chemicals. This reduces danger both to yourself and the environment. CFLs contain mercury and other toxic chemicals, making them dangerous if they’re broken and giving them the potential to cause ecological harm if disposed of improperly.
- Tough – LED lights are durable and less vulnerable to shock, vibration, and impact than traditional light bulbs. They’re much better suited to outdoor lighting than other forms of lighting.
- No UV rays – Led lamps produce very little infrared light, and almost no UV emissions, whatsoever.
- Temperature resistant – LED lamps are resistant to temperatures. While CFL bulbs can be wonky in high heat or bitter cold, LED lamps just keep working.
- Fast activation – LED lamps come on as soon as you power them up, with no need for a warm-up.
While GE LED lamps will have a higher initial cost than traditional light bulbs, over the long term they will prove well worth the investment, especially if energy costs keep going up. Homeowners who are looking to cut utility costs would do well to install LED lights in their homes.
Telecom Electric Supply Company provides batteries, power supplies, LED lamps, and a variety of other electronic products. Founded in 1985, the company is minority-owned, and it provides products to a variety of public and private companies and organizations.