IDAHO FALLS, IDAHO (June 1, 2015) – RIO Products, industry-leading manufacturer of fly lines, leaders, and tippet, continually introduces assets for anglers to learn and improve skills. The latest introduction is a series of clear, concise, step-by-step knot tying videos aimed at helping anglers improve their knot skills. An additional aspect of these knot tying videos is a knot strength comparison that shows the relative breaking strength of each knot tied.
“Education is a major focus for RIO, and helping anglers improve their casting and fishing knowledge is as important to us as producing the finest fly lines, leaders and tippet material possible”, says RIO brand manager Simon Gawesworth. “We wanted to create a resource for anglers to easily learn more about a variety of knots and to learn how different leader and tippet materials influence the end result and performance.”
The new knot films from RIO are:
· Choosing the right tippet material – a short film that explains the strengths and advantages of different types of RIO tippet material.
· 7 knots for attaching a fly to leader/tippet material – seven of the best knots for tying a fly to the end of a leader.
· 4 knots for joining tippet to a leader – four knots used to attach a piece of tippet to a leader.
· 3 Fly fishing Loop knots – three knots for tying a loop in the end of tippet or leader.
· 4 other general purpose fly fishing knots - four general purpose knots that all fly fishers should know.
Each of the knots can be viewed individually here.
RIO is a pioneer in developing fly lines, leaders and tippet material to enhance fly fishing experiences across the globe. Offering premium fly lines for both freshwater and saltwater fishing applications, RIO consistently utilizes field experience and scientific testing to create the best products on the market for anglers. Founded 20 years ago in the mountains of Idaho, RIO continues to develop innovative products, design revolutionary tapers and refine performance-driven fly line technologies. For more information about RIO Products, please visit www.rioproducts.com. Connect with us through Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google+ and Vimeo.