ICT investment trends in financial markets ; Enterprise ICT spending patterns through to the end of 2016 is a new market research publication announced by Reportstack. Financial institutions are increasingly turning to disruptive ICT solutions such as cloud computing to keep up with the demands of a globally integrated marketplace. Additionally, the shifting business paradigms of the digital empowered market and the growing demand for ICT governance and new regulatory requirements, is driving the ICT investments among institutions. Financial institutions are also using ICT to design products and services that can improve their workforce productivity and are efficient for their end-users.
- Financial market institutions are looking to increase their investments in software in 2015, compared to 2014, to reduce operating overheads, and improve the quality and timeliness of their services.
- Financial market institutions have started shifting their existing business processes to newer enterprise applications such as customer relationship management (CRM), HR management and financials, to adapt swiftly as well as respond to changing digital channels, and improve their business agility.
- Trade/ payment automation forms a critical component to the success of the financial institutions, and they are making the largest investment in this operational function in 2015, to facilitate the easy execution of repetitive trading and payment processes.
To access full report with TOC, please visit ICT investment trends in financial markets.
ICT investment trends in financial markets presents the findings from a survey of 147 financial market institutions regarding their Information and Communications Technology (ICT) investment trends. The survey investigates how financial market institutions currently allocate their ICT budgets across the core areas of enterprise ICT expenditure: hardware, software, IT services, communications, and consulting.
The report illustrates the core technologies institutions are investing in, including enterprise applications, communications and collaboration, and cloud computing. Understand the approach adopted by financial market institutions to purchase technology and get a better insight into ICT vendors and services providers when pitching their solutions to financial market institutions. The report focuses on financial market institutions' ICT expenditure trends for specific business areas and technologies, identifying the top three IT projects, and understanding the business challenges faced by institutions.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
- How ICT budgets are set to change in 2015 in terms of their overall size
- Allocation across the core elements of IT spend, including hardware, software, services, communications, and consulting
- Distribution of ICT money in areas such as the networks, applications, service desk, and data centers
- Which ICT functions financial market institutions are interested in outsourcing
- Financial market institutions' investment priorities based on their budget allocations across core technology categories such as enterprise applications, communications and collaboration, and cloud computing.
- Factors that are influencing financial market institutions' investments in each technology category
- How financial market institutions' IT budgets are currently allocated across various segments within a technology category
- Financial market institutions' distribution of their ICT budget across various segments within a technology category
- Vendor satisfaction ratings for various core and advanced technology categories
- Insight into financial market institutions' preferred buying approaches
- Business and IT objectives that financial market institutions are looking to achieve through their IT investment strategies
- Factors that are influencing financial market institutions' decisions to select an ICT provider
Reasons To Buy
- Understand how the financial market institutions ICT landscape is set to change in 2015 to prioritize your target market
- Comprehend how ICT money are being allocated by financial market institutions in specific geographies and size bands to improve your market penetration
- Make effective business decisions by recognizing the opportunities within each of the core areas of ICT spend (hardware, software, IT services, telecommunications, and consulting)
- Prioritize your focus areas by understanding which factors are influencing financial market institutions' decisions when selecting an ICT provider
- Understand the changes in customers' priorities and identify the business and IT objectives that financial market institutions are looking to achieve through their ICT investment strategies"
Manager - Marketing
Reportstack Market Research