As part of our salute to all the things that make us proud to live in the land of the free and the home of the brave, Macy's is hosting a kick-off party and you're invited to join us for all the in-store excitement. For complete event details, please visit www.macys.com/americanicons
What do you love about America? Take a pic, tag it with #AmericanIcons and when you share it with the world, we'll share it on our Instagram, Twitter or Facebook page.
Macy's Metro Center, Washington DC
Thursday, May 15 at 5:30p
- Main Floor: Calling all show divas! Step out for an evening with the other "love" of your life - shoes! Our models will rock the latest summer footwear while you enjoy refreshments and move. With any $50 shoe purchase during the evening, you will receive a special gift*.
- Third Floor, Women's Department: Discover everything you need to put together a timeless all-American look at our fabulous fashion presentation, featuring the latest looks from your favorite designers. Enjoy catered American-inspired bites, live music from our DJ, a photo booth and more.
- Second Floor: Join us as we launch our semi-annual Men's Style event. Score great gifts with purchase, enjoy tunes from our DJ, and more! Plus, experience Spring's newest avant-garde fragrance for men, Dior Homme. For additional information, visit macys.com/events
Macy's Herald Square, New York City
Wednesday, May 14 at 6:00p
- Main Stage, Fourth Floor: Catch a special performance by the cast members of the new hit Broadway musical ROCKY! The inspiring story of an underdog chasing love and success is a knockout.
- Fifth Floor, Women's Department: Watch members of the Lincoln Center's Midsummer Night Swing jump, jive and dance the night away in an exhilarating showcase.
- Third Floor, Women's Calvin Klein Shop: Meet the new face of CK, model Ireland Baldwin, and browse the latest looks from the collection.
- Third Floor, Impulse: Discover everything you need to put together an all-American ensemble at our fashion presentation featuring styles perfect for the summer ahead.
- Lower Level, 6:30p: Join Macy's Culinary Council Nancy Silverton and Takashi Yagihashi for a culinary event celebrating American Icons! Stop by for some delicious samples of "classic American" inspired recipes. With your purchase of $35 or more** in the Home department, receive a $10 Macy's gift card and your choice of either chef's cookbook, Mozza or Takashi's Noodles, which the chef will sign following the event. To learn more about the Macy's Culinary Council and upcoming events, log on to macys.com/culinarycouncil. Follow us on twitter at @culinarycouncil!
- Second Floor, Men's Department: Join us and DETAILS magazine as we launch our semi-annual Men's Style event with our biggest men's fashion party of the season. See Spring's most stylish looks in action and enter our model casting call while enjoying beats from our live DJ, great gifts with purchase and more! For additional information, visit macys.com/events
- Third Floor, I-N-C: Join Macy's as we welcome INC brand ambassador, Jana Kramer! Come to the INC department for your chance to meet and get your photo taken with Jana!***
- Macy's and The Whitney Museum are partnering to bring your favorite iconic American artwork to the forefront. Visit the satellite exhibit at Macy's Herald Square to learn more about The Whitney's Art Everywhere US campaign and find out how you can vote on your favorite pieces that might be featured in tens of thousands of public spaces nationwide throughout the month of August.
Macy's Union Square, San Francisco
Thursday, May 15 at 6:00p
- Second Floor: Join us for the launch of American Icons - a tribute to all things Americana. We're starting the party right with a night of fashion and fun with Project Runway's Season 12 alum and Bay Area resident, Alexandria von Bromssen! Take a look at the evolution of American style with examples of looks across the years, fashion for today from Designers in Residence from San Francisco Fashion Incubator and enjoy great music, tasty bites, and much more. To RSVP, visit MacysAtUnionSquare.eventbrite.com
Saturday, May 17 at 1:00p
- Third Floor, Impulse Department, 1p: Discover the latest looks for summer and how to give your all-American twist at our fashion party celebrating iconic style through the decades. Shop your favorites, snack on Americana-inspired bites, jam to music and more.
- Cellar, 2p: Learn from restaurant owner Ari Feingold of the carnival-inspired restaurant, Straw, as he whips up some of his favorite comfort food.
- Men's Store, 3p: Join us and Men's Fitness as we launch our semi-annual Men's Style event showcasing the hottest activewear of the season, gifts with purchase*, a juice bar by Purple Plant, great music by San Francisco's dynamic neo-folk vocalist Steven Norman Long and more! For the perfect finishing touch: check out the new Dior Homme Eau for Men, a fresh woody fragrance with a masculine and sophisticated signature perfect for the warm days ahead.
- Men's Fitness, 3p: Celebrate International Soccer Competitions and check out the Havaianas teams collection featuring designs inspired by the flags of the International Soccer teams. Enjoy games, prizes and gifts with your Havaianas purchase.
Macy's South Coast Plaza, Costa Mesa
Thursday, May 15 at 6:30p
- Level 1, Women's Department: Meet our special guest Mario Lopez, host of Extra and national syndicated radio show On With Mario. Get energized by a heart-pumping performance by the USC Trojan Marching Band, then check out our fashion vignettes showcasing looks from your favorite American designers. Snack on Americana-themed eats and sip a root beer float courtesy of BJ's Restaurant. Plus, enter for a chance to win a pair of tickets to the opening night of JERSEY BOYS, playing at Segerstrom Center for the Arts from June 24 through July 13.
- Men's Store: Join us as we launch our semi-annual Men's Style event. See Spring's most stylish looks while enjoying beats from our live DJ, great gifts with purchase and more. For additional information, visit macys.com/events
Saturday, May 17 at 2:00p
- Main Level, Demo Kitchen: Learn from Chef Robert Setina of Smoqued BBQ as he whips up some of his favorite barbecue! He'll reveal which rubs perfectly complement your meat and demonstrate the best techniques to grill 'em up. Sample the tasty results, then take home the recipes and be the hit of your next cookout!
Macy's State Street, Chicago
Thursday, May 15 at 12:00p
- We're kicking off the day with an electrifying live musical performance from the Broadway smash MOTOWN THE MUSICAL, which tells the true American Dream story behind the music that changed our lives! And with any $150 or more Macy's purchase, score a voucher**** redeemable for two tickets to the show now playing at the Oriental Theatre!
- Lower Level: Learn how to bake the perfect "All American" pie at a cooking demo by the Hoosier Mama Pie Company. Afterward, don't forget to purchase a copy of "The Hoosier Mama, Book of Pie" cookbook, signed by chef/author Paula Haney and also receive a mini pie*!
- Lower Level: Keep the good times rolling with critically acclaimed jazz vocalist Erin McDougald, a dance showcase by Dance Chicago, presenting Kate Jablonski Statement and Beyond Words Dance Company, and enter***** for a chance to win a pair of tickets to see The Sound of Music at the Lyric Opera of Chicago!
- Lower Level, 5:30p: Looking to liven up your next get-together? Check out our Summer Entertaining Party hosted by Kim & Scott from "Yellow Brick Home" and enjoy refreshing cocktails created by Pour Souls while enjoying Spin-Spun Cotton Candy's delicious and exotic flavor of this classic American treat.
- Second Floor, Men's Department, 5:30p: Join us and DETAILS Magazine as we launch our semi-annual Men's Style event with our biggest men's fashion party of the season. See Spring's most stylish looks in action while enjoying beats from our live DJ, snacks by Silver Cloud Bar & Grill and Fat Cat, a Harley Davidson photo op, and much more.
- Third Floor, Women's Department, 5:30p: Shop your favorites, enjoy sips and sweets, strike a post in our photo booth, and with any purchase of $35 or more in Women's or Junior's receive* a customized Macy's t-shirt just for you.
Saturday, May 17 at 2:00p
- Fifth Floor, Kid's Department: Round up the gang and join us for our Family Fun Day! Enjoy face painting, balloon twisting, cookie decorating, costumed characters, crafts, music and more.
Macy's The Promenade, Bolingbrook
Saturday, May 17 at 2:00p
- Enjoy informal modeling of classic sportswear looks. Stop by the kid's area for balloon twisters and face painters. Sample our popcorn and ice cream treat, as don't miss a performance of The Jazz Age: The Music of George & Ira Gershwin.
Macy's Aventura, Miami
Thursday, May 15 at 6:00p
- Women's Department, Fashion Building: Join us for the launch of American Icons - a tribute to all things Americana. We're starting the party right with our local talent performance showcase and makeovers for the Student Veterans Organization hosted by comedian and The Insider celebrity correspondent Michael Yo! Discover everything you need to put together a timeless, all-American ensemble at our informal fashion presentation styles by fashion blogger Kelly Saks of Kelly's Klozet and Kristin Clark of Living In Color Print. Enjoy refreshments courtesy of Onli beverages, carnival foods by Donut Divas and Fun Food, beats from our live DJ, makeovers, cooking demos and an #AmericanIcons selfie station. This is definitely a celebration you don't want to miss!
- Tommy Hilfiger Handbag Department, Fashion Building: Purchase any Tommy Hilfiger handbag and have it customized with a unique hand-painted design or monogram by New York-based artist Sarah Oliphant.
- Macy's Culinary Kitchen, Home Store, 7p: Watch and learn as featured chefs, including Eric Weeks and Rusty Johnson from Craft Bar & Q, Home of Passion BBQ Food Truck, go head-to-head in Macy's "Battle of the BBQ" cook-off! Both teams will grill, smoke and sear their famous recipes, but only one will emerge the victor. The best part? You'll get to sample the delicious results and vote for the winner! Get tips from the chefs as they share their expertise and see how to spice up your own barbecue. Need some gear? Visit the specialists from KitchenAid, Cuisinart and Martha Stewart to find everything you need. As an added bonus, make any $40 or more purchase in the Housewares Department to receive a special culinary-inspired gift*!
Visit macys.com/popquiz to enter the Macy's Great American 4th of July Sweepstakes or play the Macy's Great American Pop Quiz for a chance to win a trip for four to the 2015 Macy's 4th of July Fireworks, including transportation to New York City, hotel accommodations for three days/two nights, tickets to the Fireworks, and a $1,000 Macy's shopping spree!
Now's your chance to score amazing vacations, gadgets, and more in our fantastics sweepstakes! For details and to enter online, visit macys.com/mensstyle
*One per customer, while supplies last.
**One per customer, while supplies last, while time permits. Seating is first come, first served. Macy's gift card valid April 14-21, 2014. Purchase must be made April 14, 2014 at Macy's Herald Square. Chefs will sign books after the event only.
***As time permits.
****While supplies last. Ticket vouchers are for pre-determined performance dates after June 1, 2014. Vouchers are non-refundable if lost or stolen and non-exchangeable and have no cash value. One per customer. Gift with purchases cannot be combined. While supplies last.
*****No purchase necessary
All events subject to cancellation or change.
Macy's, the largest retail brand of Macy's, Inc., delivers fashion and affordable luxury to customers at more than 800 locations in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and Guam. Macy's stores and macys.com offer distinctive assortments including the most desired family of exclusive and fashion brands for him, her and home. Macy's is known for such epic events as Macy's 4th of July Fireworks® and the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade®, as well as spectacular fashion shows, culinary events, flower shows and celebrity appearances. Building on a 150-year tradition, Macy's helps strengthen communities by supporting local and national charities that make a difference in the lives of our customers.