Media credentials for reporters are available for a limited time for the upcoming 2015 Penn Mutual Collegiate Rugby Championship, to be conducted Saturday, May 30th and Sunday, May 31st at PPL Park in Chester, PA.
Online media credential request form is located at http://www.usasevenscrc.com/media-inquiry/. Media members may also contact Jim DeLorenzo by phone at 215-266-5943 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org with media requests for interviews, photo and video opportunities, as well as credentials for the two-day “World’s Largest Rugby Festival.”
- 20 of the Nation’s Top Collegiate teams competing for the national championship in the fast-moving Olympic Sport of Rugby Sevens.
- University of California is the 2-time defending champion.
- Local teams include the nationally-ranked Saint Joseph’s Hawks, Temple University, Penn State and Kutztown.
- Other top teams competing include Air Force, Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas State, Boston College, Clemson, Dartmouth, Indiana, Michigan, Navy, Notre Dame, Texas, UCLA and Virginia Tech.
- There is also a national championship bracket for the top women’s college teams including Penn State, Delaware and Kutztown, as well as a Philadelphia City College Championship bracket with Villanova, Drexel, Penn and LaSalle, a national small college bracket, and a 48-team field of boys and girls high school teams from around the country.
- On Sunday, May 31st there will be the first-ever HEADS UP TACKLING clinic for youth football and rugby players featuring former Philadelphia Eagles players Ike Reese and Hollis Thomas, as well as . Super Bowl champion, former Pro Bowler and now NFL Director of Football Development Matt Birk, and former CRC competitor and member of the Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots, Nate Ebner.
- Additional information is available at http://www.usasevenscrc.com/media-inquiry/.