Conference attendees will enjoy motivating workshops, mouth-watering eats and Periscope star meet-and-greets
LAS VEGAS – the D Las Vegas will partner with Socializing Media LLC to welcome hundreds of social media personalities and fans to Downtown Las Vegas for the first “Periscope Experience” conference, January 18 -19. This one-of-a-kind weekend will bring a host of action-packed events and meet-and-greet opportunities for guests near and far.
“We are thrilled to host the first ‘Periscope Experience’ right in the heart of Downtown Las Vegas,” said the D CEO and Owner, Derek Stevens. “Named ‘2015 App of the Year’ by Apple, Periscope is a growing platform that has allowed me to showcase not only my life but the amazing attributes of the D. We look forward to gathering this community for an unforgettable weekend.”
Monday, January 18
· 4:00 p.m. – Festivities will kick-off with a chance to race through downtown on the infamous SlotZilla Zip Line attraction. $45
· 7:00 p.m. – A Red Carpet VIP Cocktail party, located in the newly renovated Saginaw and Petoskey meeting rooms at the D, will feature live entertainment and sounds from social media phenom DeeJayER (@only1deejayER). $35
Guests will also be able to gather at LONGBAR immediately following the party. Numerous Periscope personalities are schedule to attend including:
o Marco Traniello (@MarcoPoker), Professional Poker Player
o Dan Moore (@DanAndMoore), Travel Personality
o Mitch Oates (@MitchOates), Travel and Adventure Blogger
o Chelsea Votel (@YoPickles), Tattoo Ink Artist and Teacher
o Ashley Cottrell (@TheYogaCouple), Co-founder of Evolution Yoga
o Nikka Karli (@Nikkakarli), Inspirational Speaker
o Anika Morjaria (@literallyanika), TV Host
· 10:00 p.m. – Singer Christina Amato (@anitsirhcmarie) will pump up 3rd Street Stage with a welcome concert.
Tuesday, January 19
· 9:00 a.m. – Located in the Saginaw and Petoskey rooms, attendees can start their day by enjoying the “Foundations for Practice” yoga workshop guided by yoga expert Ashley Cottrell. $30
· 12:00 p.m. – Guests will enjoy a lunch at downtown eatery Vegenation, featuring an exclusive meet-and-greet with owner Chef Donald. $30
· 2:30 p.m. – Motivational speaker Nikka Karli will host "Money, Mindset, and Miracles; Transforming Your Reality by Awakening the Power of Your Mind,” a workshop on achieving success in finance and life. This will be located in the Saginaw and Petoskey meeting rooms. $30
· 7:00 p.m. – Attendees will say aloha to a Hawaiian Luau-themed dinner provided by the D, located in the Saginaw, Petoskey and Dearborn meeting rooms. $45
· 9:30 p.m. – A “Pajama Party” will be hosted by professional poker player Marco Traniello. $30
One conference ticket will include the VIP cocktail party and concert, yoga workshop, lunch at Vegenation, Hawaiian Luau dinner and pajama party for $125.
In addition, a portion of the ticket proceeds will benefit the Nevada Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (Nevada SPCA), a no-kill animal shelter used to promote humane pet education. Chosen as a participant in Animal Planet’s “Puppy Bowl,” Nevada SPCA resident Magic will make a guest appearance at the Red Carpet VIP Cocktail party.
About the D Las Vegas
the D Las Vegas delivers the fresh, energetic attitude and fun atmosphere synonymous with downtown Las Vegas. The new casino hotel boasts 629 remodeled rooms and suites and a unique two-level casino featuring modern and vintage floors. Cocktails, beer and frozen beverages abound inside the casino at LONGBAR and on the Fremont Street Experience at D Bar. the D offers contemporary American fare at D Grill, Detroit’s legendary Coney Dogs at American Coney Island and premium steaks and authentic Italian dishes at Joe Vicari's Andiamo Italian Steakhouse. The Showroom at the D Las Vegas features outstanding entertainment ranging from award-winning dinner theater and Broadway productions to music, comedy and more. Follow the D on Facebook and Twitter.
Kara Rutkin / Alaina Curry
Kirvin Doak Communications