SUMMARY: Just Between Friends Franchise Systems, Inc. – North America’s leading children’s and maternity consignment sales event – is celebrating a major milestone this month: its 150th franchise. Just Between Friends of Maryville/Mt. Vernon, Washington is the 150th franchise to join.
- Just Between Friends is the North America’s leading children’s and maternity consignment event with 150 franchises in 28 states and Canada
- Each year, Just Between Friends helps more than 600.000 families save and earn money.
- Just Between Friends has also helped hundreds of other moms and dads start their own business all across the country
BACKGROUND: In 1997 CEO and Co-founder Shannon Wilburn hosted a consignment sale in her living room with her co-founder Daven Tackett. They had 17 consignors and grossed $2000. The idea was a hit and they started having sales twice a year. The company grew quickly and they franchised in 2003. Since then, they have helped millions of families save money at their events and make money by consigning. Here are some tips on "What to keep, what to sell, what to donate, what to trash/recycle" - Feel free to use these tips online or in a publication. Please credit Just Between Friends Franchise.
WHAT TO KEEP
Any item that has a sentimental value to it
o Christening gown that belonged to mom
o Baby’s favorite stuffed animal or “teether”
o Rule of Thumb: When in doubt, keep it for a while so you don’t end up donating or selling something that you wish you had kept
If you’re planning to have another baby within three years then hold on to these basics:
- Diaper Genie
- Basic onesies and sleepers
- Baby bath
- High chair
Items you easily have space to store.
NOTE: IF you find yourself needing to rent storage space, consider selling and buying again when the next baby is here.
WHAT TO SELL
Items that are in good condition
- Have all of the working parts to them (toys and games)
- No stains or rips
- Something you would truly buy yourself.
Mainstays of babyhood – items that every mom wants/needs that only get used for a short time so wear and tear is minimal. These items sell really well too
- Pack n’ Play
- Baby swing
- High Chair
- Baby carrier – designer items are always in demand like Baby Bjorn
- Car Seat – as long as it meets safety standards and is less than 5 years ol
items you received new and never used - and likely will NOT use if you have another baby
WHAT TO DONATE
- If the clothing is a little worn or has small stains – donate
- Toys that don’t have all parts. Non-profits will often put them with other toys
- Anything that is more than five years old – it isn’t a good fit to sell, but there is likely a charity that can use it
- Something you received but never used
WHAT TO TRASH OR BETTER YET - RECYCLE WHEN YOU CAN
- Items with multiple stains or tears
- Items that no longer work
- Items on the recall list
For more helpful hints visit www.jbfsale.com