Get out! No really. Get outdoors today in Glenwood Springs with these rollicking winter adventures.
- Skiing and snowboarding at Sunlight Mountain Resort -- 687 acres, 67 trails and $60 lift tickets. ‘Nuff said.
- Snowmobiling tours. Tear through 16 to 30 miles on trails with jaw-dropping views.
- Winter on the Mountain at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park. Go at night. It’s magical, trust us.
- Nordic skiing and snowshoeing trails. Glide or step along 29 miles of marked trails.
- Sledding on Red Mountain or in Four Mile Park. Slip and slide yourself silly.
- Soaking in the Glenwood Hot Springs Pool. De-stress in the world-famous mineral hot springs.
- Snowcat tours. Don’t ski? Climb aboard one of these ski slope grooming machines. They’re heated, so you can see the sights in comfort.
- Fat tire snow biking. Who says mountain biking ends when the snow flies? Impassible for most vehicles the roads through Four Mile Park are ideal for winter biking enthusiasts.
- Winter hikes to Hanging Lake, Doc Holliday’s grave marker and the cross atop Red Mountain. These trails all have a steep incline, so go prepared with the proper footwear and hiking poles. For flatter winter terrain try riverside walks along the Atkinson Trail or the Rio Grande Trail.
- Ice skating at the Glenwood Springs Recreation Center. A perfect way to chill out with the family.
For more Glenwood Springs adventures, plus info on where to stay and dine, please check out www.visitglenwood.com.
ABOUT GLENWOOD SPRINGS:
For more information and to book reservations please visit www.visitglenwood.com; 888-445-3696. Glenwood Springs is located between Aspen and Vail, Colorado, 160 miles (257 kilometers) west of Denver or 90 miles (145 kilometers) east of Grand Junction on Interstate 70 off exit 116.
An online press kit is available at www.visitglenwood.com/press-kit, press releases at www.visitglenwood.com/glenwood-springs-press-releases and photos are at www.visitglenwood.com/photos. B-roll video footage is available upon request.
Lisa Langer, Vice President of Tourism Marketing
Glenwood Springs Chamber Resort Association
Vicky Nash, Media Relations Representative
Resort Trends, Inc.