Katie Pace, MAP International, Public Content Specialist, 828.329.2988, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mitch Leff, Leff & Associates, 404.861-4769, email@example.com
Nepal Earthquake Relief: Global Health Nonprofit MAP International Providing Critical Medical Aid to Treat 120,000 People for 90 Days
Additional Donations Needed as MAP Partners with Leading International Aid Organizations to Deliver Aid
ATLANTA (April 30, 2015) -- Global health organization MAP International is responding to the massive 7.8 magnitude earthquake that hit Nepal with medicines and relief supplies. MAP already has enough medicines and supplies en route to treat 120,000 people for the next 90 days. The vital medicines and supplies include antibiotics, oral rehydration salts and wound care items.
To provide the most effective response to this crisis, MAP is partnering with several partners on the ground in Nepal. Supplies will arrive in several shipments.
- An IEHK (Interagency Emergency Health Kit) to International Medical Corps in Nepal, provided by International Relief Teams. Each includes enough medicines and medical supplies to treat 10,000 people for 90 days.
- 30 MAP Medical Mission Packs arrived in Nepal on April 29th with ACT World Relief.
- A donation of $50,000 from the AbbVie Foundation will provide additional medical aid to victims.
- MAP is currently airlifting in six pallets of oral rehydration salts via International Relief Teams.
- Three additional IEHK’s are currently being prepared for shipment.
The Georgia based NGO is currently working to have these medicines on the ground in Nepal by Friday, May 1st.
Kipp Branch, MAP’s Senior Medical Officer, is currently working with MAP’s partners on the ground to carry out this emergency response. Branch says: “Our second shipment of critical medicines is on its way and will provide 10,000 people with medical aid for 90 days. Our first landed in Nepal on the 28th. We are working with our trusted partners to save lives in Nepal, we can’t do the work that we do without them.”
Brand add that “survivors of the quake need urgent medical care and partnering gives all the organizations the ability to provide what is needed in Nepal in a short response time.”
Since 1954, MAP International has worked with partners on the ground to ensure that they have the highest quality medicines and supplies during the wake of disaster.
About MAP International
MAP International is a global Christian health organization that partners with people living in conditions of poverty to save lives and build healthier families and communities. Known for its 99% efficiency rating, MAP provides medicines, prevents disease and promotes health to create real hope and lasting change. www.map.org