Gardasil (Prophylactic Human PapillomaVirus Vaccines) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022 is a new market research publication announced by Reportstack. The first prophylactic vaccine for immunization against human papillomavirus (HPV) became available in 2006. The global HPV vaccines market is now well established, yet vaccine coverage rates amongst the traditional target population of adolescent girls remain persistently low. Initially HPV vaccines were developed and marketed solely to protect against cervical cancer. In recent years the role of HPV in other cancers has been increasingly recognized which has facilitated a shift towards vaccinating a wider population, most significant has been the inclusion of males in routine vaccine recommendations in some countries. The current HPV vaccines market is dominated by one major player, Merck’s Gardasil, with GlaxoSmithKline’s (GSK’s) HPV vaccine Cervarix providing the only competition. The introduction of Merck’s nine-valent vaccine (V503) is set to change the future landscape of the HPV vaccines sector.
In 2006 Gardasil (marketed as Silgard in Germany) became the first vaccine approved for prophylactic protection against HPV infection. Gardasil was primarily developed and marketed by Merck, under license from Australian biotechnology company CSL, which markets the vaccine in Australia and New Zealand. Gardasil is a quadrivalent vaccine containing recombinant virus-like particles (VLPs) of the L1 capsid protein from the HPV strains 6, 11, 16 and 18, combined with an aluminum adjuvant (amorphous aluminum hydroxyphosphate sulfatez
- Overview of HPV, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Gardasil including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Gardasil for the top nine countries from 2012 to 2022.
- Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan, Canada and Australia
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for HPV
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Gardasil performance
- Obtain sales forecast for Gardasil from 2012-2022 in top nine countries (the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan, Canada and Australia)
To view the table of contents and know more details please visit Gardasil (Prophylactic Human PapillomaVirus Vaccines) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022.