Election season officially started last week with the candidate filing deadline. This week, Vermont Edition, Vermont Public Radio’s daily public affairs program, will introduce listeners to the candidates for governor and lieutenant governor who are challenging the major party incumbents. Hosted by Bob Kinzel and Jane Lindholm, Vermont Edition airs live at noon and rebroadcasts at 7 p.m.:
- Monday, June 16: Emily Peyton, (R) (gov.)
- Tuesday, June 17: Steve Berry, (R) (gov.); Brooke Paige (D) (gov.)
- Wednesday, June 18: Peter Diamondstone, (LU) (gov.)
- Thursday, June 19: Dean Corren, (P) (lt. gov.)
- Friday, June 20: Scott Milne, (R) (gov.); Marina Brown, (LU) (lt. gov.)
"Incumbents have a strong advantage in Vermont elections, and this series of interviews is intended to introduce voters to the diverse array of candidates whose names may be unfamiliar,” said Patti Daniels, managing producer of Vermont Edition. “Each of these candidates has a different motivation for running and voters will be able to make informed decisions, having heard from the candidates directly.”
Listeners are asked to submit questions for the candidates to firstname.lastname@example.org.