United Kingdom Food and Drink Report Q3 2014 is a new market research publication announced by Reportstack. The UK economy will set the pace for growth in Europe this year. Given the strength of recent growth numbers and the continued slew of positive macro data, we have revised up our 2014 growth forecast to 2.6% from 2.1% previously. However, we continue to warn that without a robust recovery in wages and business spending, the current rebound is at risk of losing momentum. In fact, most of the recent boom in consumer spending has been encouraged by rising property prices in London and other localised areas, which is unsustainable for retailers. As a result, we are cautious about growth in the food and drink area, especially in value terms as competition for value and consumer's more careful spending habits will limit potential for the industry in the near term.
Headline Industry Data
- 2014 total food consumption growth (local currency terms): +3.0%; compound annual growth rate
(CAGR) to 2018: +4.1%.
- 2014 per capita food consumption growth (local currency terms): +2.4%; CAGR to 2018: +3.6%.
- 2014 total soft drinks value sales (local currency) growth: +4.8%; CAGR to 2018: +4.8%.
- 2014 alcoholic drinks value sales (local currency) growth: +2.0%; CAGR to 2018: +2.3%.
- 2014 mass grocery retail (MGR) sales (local currency) growth: +2.2%; compound annual growth rate
(CAGR) 2014 to 2018: +2.8%.
To view the table of contents and know more details please visit United Kingdom Food and Drink Report Q3 2014.