Colombia: Government-Led Initiatives Boost the Vitality of Fixed Broadband and Mobile Data Markets is a new market research publication announced by Reportstack. This report offers a precise, incisive profile of Colombia's mobile and fixed telecommunications and pay-TV markets based on comprehensive proprietary data and insights from our research in the Colombian market. Published annually, this presentation-quality, executive-level report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony and broadband, mobile and pay-TV sectors, in addition to a review of key regulatory trends.
- The government launched the second phase of the Vive Digital plan, shifting focus to the development of applications and services, and to the development and improvement of e-government services.
- The auction for the 700MHz spectrum will take place during the first half of 2015, with 90MHz of spectrum being made available.
- We expect broadband lines to expand at a CAGR of 11% between 2014 and 2019, to reach 6.6m lines by 2019, for a population penetration of 12.6%.
- The pay-TV market in Colombia generated about $920m in estimated service revenue in 2013 and had a household penetration of 37.6%, below the regional average of 41.4%.
“Colombia: Government-Led Initiatives Boost the Vitality of Fixed Broadband and Mobile Data Markets” provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Colombia today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2018. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Colombia's telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Research's databases.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Colombia in a regional context; a comparative review of market size and trends with that of other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Colombia.
- The regulatory environment and trends; a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile; analysis as well as forecasts and historical figures of service revenue from fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice and data, and pay-TV markets.
- The service evolution; a look at the change in the breakdown of overall revenue by fixed/pay-TV and mobile sectors and by voice, data and video in the current year as well as the end of the forecast period.
- The competitive landscape; an examination of key trends in competition and service providers' performance, revenue market shares and expected moves over the next 18-24 months.
- An in-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony and broadband services, mobile voice and data services, and pay-TV services; a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by technology/platform as well as operator, average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities; this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Colombia's telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
Reasons To Buy
- This Country Intelligence Report helps executives build proactive, profitable growth strategies by offering comprehensive, relevant analysis of Colombia's telecommunications and pay-TV markets based on insights directly from the local market players.
- The report offers a wealth of data on the telecom and pay-TV markets, with the mobile and fixed segments examined in detail.
- The competitive landscape and the major players are given extra attention, enabling local players or prospective market entrants to gain the insight they need.
- The broad but detailed perspective will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players to succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Colombia.
- The report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality that allows it to be turned into presentable material immediately.
- The report concludes with an exploration of the opportunities available in the Colombian market to operators, vendors and investors."
Claro Colombia, Movistar Colombia, Tigo Colombia, ETB, UNE, Tuves, DIRECTV
To access full report with TOC, please visit Colombia: Government-Led Initiatives Boost the Vitality of Fixed Broadband and Mobile Data Markets.