18 August 2014: Lindblad Expeditions-National Geographic has announced that National Geographic Orion will undergo renovations during dry dock this September. The renovations will be made to two public spaces: The Lounge (main) and the Observation Lounge, and are being redesigned to better serve the dynamic, learning-oriented community for guests and the staff aboard.
· The Observation Lounge will undergo a complete refurbishment and layout change and will feature an intimate library, nautical chart table and a self-serve beverage station.
· The current library will be removed from the Lounge, providing an additional 20 per cent of space that will enable seating for all guests and the expedition team at once.
· The Lounge will feature a “circle of truth” in the centre (as on National Geographic Explorer), which will serve as the focal area for all presentations and recap discussions by the ship’s expedition team and experts.
· A newly designed bar.
· Updating of all furnishings and carpets in a modern, expedition style interior.
· Upgrade of all audio and visual functions including large high definition flat screens and a contemporary audio system.
The renovations will be completed by ICF Singapore, a world leader in interior ship design, and will be completed in time for the September 16, 2014 ‘Camp Leakey: Faces in the Forest’ expedition.
Lindblad Expeditions-National Geographic launched the 102-guest National Geographic Orion in March 2014, previously the Orion. While she has retained all of her state-of-the-art comforts, the ship was equipped with a full roster of exploration tools including tandem kayaks, an innovative ROV (remotely operated vehicle reaching depths up to 1,000 feet), snorkelling gear for all guests, a dive master, scuba gear that can accommodate up to 24 divers at a time and a glass bottom boat.
To obtain additional information on Lindblad Expeditions-National Geographic or to book, visit au.expeditions.com, call 1300 361 012 or see your travel agent.
- ENDS -
Contact: Ellie Swift email@example.com or +61 2 8353 7118
About Lindblad Expeditions-National Geographic
Lindblad-Expeditions announced the acquisition of Orion Expedition Cruises in 2013. The inaugural voyages of the National Geographic Orion, formerly the Orion, took place in March 2014. Lindblad Expeditions‐National Geographic, pioneers in expedition travel, offers voyages in the Galápagos, Antarctica, the Arctic, Baja California, Alaska, Costa Rica, Panama, the Amazon, Asia & Pacific, Africa, Europe and beyond. They work in alliance to inspire travellers to explore and care about the planet. Their collaboration in exploration, research, technology and conservation provides extraordinary travel experiences and disseminates geographic knowledge around the globe.