ReportsnReports.com adds “Opioid-Induced Constipation - Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2019” to its store. The report provides an overview of the Opioid-Induced Constipation market.
The Opioid-Induced Constipation (OIC) is a new and rapidly establishing market currently dominated by OTC laxatives set to undergo substantial growth between 2014 and 2019. The main drivers of growth will be an increase in the diagnosed OIC population. This is fuelled by a relaxation of regulations regarding opioid treatment, particularly in the chronic non-cancer pain population.
Request sample for this research at: http://www.reportsnreports.com/contacts/requestsample.aspx?name=496126 .
· The main driver of the enormous expansion of the OIC market will be the dramatic increase in the number of reported OIC cases, which is attributable to the relaxation of opioid prescribing regulations.
· The second largest driver will be the launch of several highly anticipated, targeted, efficacious treatment options, with a congested and competitive late stage clinical pipeline.
· To gain approval it is essential for companies to demonstrate high efficacy while proving no reduction of analgesia or Major Cardiovascular Adverse Effects (MACE), by selecting appropriate clinical trial endpoints.
· In the future, companies will have to increase physician and patient awareness of non-laxative prescription options to treat constipation through extensive marketing campaigns in order to successfully compete for patient share.
· The number of pipeline agents being developed by small mid-pharma represents an opportunity for large pharma to enter this highly lucrative market through licensing and marketing partnerships.
Key Questions Answered:
· The OIC market is marked by the presence of a number of unmet needs in current treatments. What are the main unmet needs in this market? Will the drugs under development fulfil the unmet needs of the OIC market?
· The late-stage OIC pipeline is heavily congested with several drugs in the same class, PAMORAs. Will the late-stage drugs make a significant impact on the OIC market? Which of these drugs will have the highest peak sales at the highest CAGR, and why?
· The current OIC market is dominated by OTC laxatives. How will the advent of highly targeted orally-formulated prescription drugs change the drug treatment landscape for OIC? How will the drug treatment rate change over the next five years? What are the key drivers and barriers to this change?
Scope for this Opioid-Induced Constipation research:
· Overview of OIC, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines.
· Annualized OIC therapeutics market revenue, annual cost of therapy and treatment usage pattern data from 2014 and forecast for seven years to 2019.
· Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, clinical trial mapping and implications for the OIC therapeutics market.
· Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, and detailed analysis of late-stage pipeline drugs.
· Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global OIC therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy:
The report will enable you to -
· Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline. Additionally a list of acquisition targets included in the pipeline product company list.
· Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global OIC therapeutics market.
· Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global OIC therapeutics market in future.
· Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analysing the performance of various competitors.
· Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
· Track drug sales in the global OIC therapeutics market from 2014-2019.
· Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.